Tulsa Oklahoma hobby shops

Top Shelf Models

119 S Main Street

Owasso, OK 74055

(918) 274-0433

Best shop in the state (IMHO). Has lots of aftermarket resin, decals, books & supplies. Superb selection of aircraft, armor, cars and ships. Large collection of consignment kits from collectors as well.

Hobby Town USA

166 S. Memorial

Tulsa, OK 74133

Phone: (918) 307-2000

Good selection of kits, supplies & paints.

Challenger-n-scale

8753 S Lewis Ave

Tulsa, OK 74137

(918) 298-4800

Medium selection of plastic kits & supplies. Primarily a train shop but selection is good just not as big as the other shops.

Action Hobbies

4955 S Memorial Dr # C

Tulsa, OK 74145

(918) 663-8998

Small selection of plastic kits & supplies. Primarily a train & RC shop but selection is good just not as big as the other shops.

Hobby Lobby

4 locations (2 Tulsa, 1 Broken Arrow, 1 Owasso)

www.hobbylobby.com

Edited by drhornii
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Hussar, 61st and Sheridan.

Armor, Military, Figures, huge book selection (including countless walk around/in action for aircraft), Humbrol and Vallejo paints.

• 2 weeks later...
David,

Your recommendation for Top Shelf was spot on. I have just completed a temporary assignment at the Tulsa Sunoco Refinery and I had a chance to visit Top Shelf while I was in Green Country. The shop had tons of kits and resin detail stuff that was just calling my name. Thanks for posting about it. Cheers!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

You know I've lived in Oklahoma since 1982. Don't let that Fort Smith thing over there fool you.

I've heard a lot about Top Shelf, it seems like, forever.

I have been to Tulsa many, many times and I have never taken the trip North to go to the Top Shelf.

I just may have to do that on my wife's next two days off in a row.

I can always take her to The Cajun Boiling Pot. If it's still there.

Edited by RCoulter52
  • 1 month later...
I can always take her to The Cajun Boiling Pot. If it's still there.

I thing the Cajun boiling pot is long gone. Bourbon street is a good Cajun place. If you just want seafood, on North Sheridan, between I244 and TUL airport is White River fish market. There are a lot of new restaurants North of Owasso as well.

I thing the Cajun boiling pot is long gone. Bourbon street is a good Cajun place. If you just want seafood, on North Sheridan, between I244 and TUL airport is White River fish market. There are a lot of new restaurants North of Owasso as well.

Thank you sir.

We will be heading up that way this next weekend. Royal is holding some things for me and I need to see if there is anything else I just can't live without.

I will check things out North of Owasso.

• 2 weeks later...
Top Shelf Models

119 S Main Street

Owasso, OK 74055

(918) 274-0433

Best shop in the state (IMHO). Has lots of aftermarket resin, decals, books & supplies. Superb selection of aircraft, armor, cars and ships. Large collection of consignment kits from collectors as well.

I just spent the weekend in Tulsa. I can't agree with you more!!

Royal Stuart is a top notch gentleman and a person could easily spend hours upon hours looking at all the kits and aftermarket he has there.

I will definitely be making the hour and 45 minute drive again. Soon!!

Randie

• 5 months later...

A couple of shouts for the shops I visited when in Tulsa a few weeks back...

Top Shelf Models is fantastic, decent prices and selection, even some rarities. Huge range of decals and some detail sets too. Well worth a visit!

The Hussar is a great little shop, the aircraft modeller will appreciate the Squadron Signal range.

Mike

A couple of shouts for the shops I visited when in Tulsa a few weeks back...

Top Shelf Models is fantastic, decent prices and selection, even some rarities. Huge range of decals and some detail sets too. Well worth a visit!

The Hussar is a great little shop, the aircraft modeller will appreciate the Squadron Signal range.

Mike

I forgot all about them. I always go by there and pick up a book or three!! I think they have at least one of everyone there is!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally made the drive to Top Shelf today. And all I can say is WOW!!

I can't believe I haven't been before now.

It was like stepping into a time machine.......A plastic modelers dream from yesteryear!!

I had my teenage daughter with me and she was a little bored so I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked to.

And I managed to get out of there without spending any money..........this time!!

Like others said, the selection and prices are absolutely great!!

• 2 years later...