Another kit copyrighted before I was born...

I'm getting help with this one - my son Evan and daughter Layla have chipped in with the washing of the kit, and Evan helped my paint the interior colour - Home Brew Zinc Chromate. Got some pics, but the camera told me to recharge my batteries before I managed to upload them.

This kit is similar to WymanV's Hellcat in that the pilot's are identical twins, and the wings have a primative folding mechanism. My gear doesn't retract, though. :wub:

Cheers, Mike! It was a bit of a bugger to paint - I'd much rather a separate engine! Still, I'm happy with the result. A bit more done today - I gave it an instrument panel.....well, really painted the existing panel (half of which is moulded into each fuselage side) in an attempt to make it look like a panel. Toothpicks are handy little things, aren't they! I have the type with a flat on one end and the point at the other. Dipped the flat end into white paint, wiped off the excess, and pressed it onto the panel. Made a nice little circle :cop: . Then I filled the centre of the circle with black, applied with the pointy end of the toothpick, leaving a thinnish white outline, and added some red, green and blue paint to make things look a bit more interesting. Bloody camera batteries are flat again - went to see my new niece, and my wife took a heap of photos - so no pics today. :lol:

Took some pics today, but they're shocking....ah well, never said I was a good shutterbug :tumble: Spent about 1 1/2 hours prepping the landing gear and prop for painting, and then painted the tyres and a bit more of the pilot.

• 1 month later...

Gawd, over a month since a progress report!! :yahoo: The Wildcat's fit is terrible....particularly around the wing root area, and the LH port fuselage half seems a little longer than the RH starboard. After a few attempts, I managed to switch the little light on inside my head, and cut some styrene sheet to fill the *massive* gap at the bottom of the wing root.....the fuselage seemed to be pliable enough that at first I thought I could superglue the gap closed....how wrong I was! :o The front cowl is glued on, and I managed to take some half decent shots of the "instrument panel"....you can see the toothpick I've mounted the prop on - not planning to have a rotating prop this time..

The intruments..

Wildcat021.jpg

The business end..

Wildcat024.jpg

The bloody big gap...

Wildcat030.jpg

Some putty....

Wildcat031.jpg

Some more putty...

Wildcat033.jpg

Wow.....post #300 :yahoo: