Alright, now that we have a forum in business. Lets get a thread going of who is joining and what you are building.

Please try to keep this thread clean of questions about other people's entires. Try to keep it to:

Manufacturer/Scale/Kit

Aftermarket

Reference picture of your aircraft?

Any interesting facts about your build.

I will start:

Hasegawa 1/48 TF-104G

Black Box or Aires Cockpit set

Italian AF markings.

:cheers:

-Anthony

1/48 Monogram CF-101 Belcher Bits 409 squadron

1/48 Hasegawa CF-104 Leading edge decals 441 squadron

1/48 Hasegawa CF-104 Leading edge decals 421 squadron

maybe

1/48 Hasegawa CF-104 Leading edge decals 417 squadron

maybe

1/48 Hasegawa CF-104D Leading edge 441 (or AETE)

And the big unknown at this time

1/48 Hobbycrap CF-100 Arrow graphics 440 squadron

Edited by phantom

What the hey, I'll toss my hat into the ring as well.

Kit: Monogram F-105G/F (probably do it as an F model since Model Madness is doing a G).

Aftermarket: None

Decals: I acquired a sheet (probably from one of the IPMS Nationals shows in Atlanta) with markings for the same Georgia ANG F-105F option found in the Revell offering with the book. This is the same kit I will build. The coloring is a little better and the markings aren't as thick (not to mention easier to read with some of the names and stencils), so I am going to model this particular aircraft unless I change my mind later.

I know that I could have put this in the Monogram GB, but I have a couple other choices for that GB which aren't Century Series fighters while this one is. I am going to try and keep this one as close to OOB as I can.

Edited by Jay Chladek

I will be happy to join. I'm planning:

Hasegawa 1/48 F-104C in Vietnam ToD with Supesacale and Zotz decals and Aires seat

Hasegawa 1/48 F-104S-ASAM or ASA with CE conversion, Eduard PE and Skymodels decals

Hasegawa 1/48 CF-104 with Belcher Bits resin weapons and Leading Edge Decals and Black Box Cokpit

I really don't know if I will be able to build them all, modelling during summer is not easy here in Italy, quite often is too hot to stay at home and it is much better to go to the beach or the swimming pool.

About The F-104C, is nearly finished, just a couple of weekends and I will post it.

The F-104S will be in ASAM or ASA standard, it depend if I will be able to scratchbuild the GPS antenna for the ASAM.

The CF-104 could be 2, I want one in high gloss natural metal finish with the recce pod and one in camouflage colours from Baden-Soellingen.

Cheers

Paolo

Edited by Paolo Maglio

Since the Century Series are some of my all time favorite aircraft, I thought this would be perfect for my first GB. It should give me plenty of incentive to actually finish a project. I have a group of subjects to choose from the stash and I would really like to do more than one for this before it's over. But, one project at a time. Monogram 1/48 F-102 Delta Dagger, Black Box pit, Eagle Strike decals 48-179. F-102A from the 431FIS Zaragoza Air Base, Spain, April 1962. Squadron Commander's A/CARCproject001.jpg

I'm in too.

Hasegawa 1/48 F-104G

Albatross decals

Spanish Air Force markings (C8-1/104-01 of 16 Esc./6 Ala).

Hasegawa 1/48 CF-104 (ex-F-104J)

Leading Edge decals

Canadian Air Force markings (1 CAG).

That's it for now. I have lots of other F-104s I might join with later on.

:huh:

After the JASDF GB has finished I'll be in with:

1/48 Hasegawa F-104G

Aires cockpit

Dutch decals for RNLAF 311sqn F-104G (decals came with the Dutch issue of the Hase TF-104G)

and time permitting:

1/48 Hasegawa F-104J

Aires cockpit

Two Bobs/Hasegawa decals

1/72 Hasegawa F-104G

Turquoise or Icarus decals (both sheets in the stash; haven't decided whether to do a Turkish or Greek 104 yet).

Have fun guys!

I wanna be in this one (since I am a Wanna Be builder)

Collect-Aire 1/48 F-108 Rapier

No aftermarket resin to be added.

Kit decals

added wiring in the wheelwells will be added.

Resin Builder

Edited by ResinBuilder
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll play along. Revell 1/72 F-101B Voodoo. Not sure of the markings just yet. I think I have some True Details seats I'll add as well. I'm excited because this will give me a chance to get back into 1/72 and out of 1/144th for awhile! :thumbsup:

DSCN1405.jpg

John

• 2 weeks later...
if it is not too late, I am in...

1/48 Monogram F-100D and F-102 kits are waiting for me for a long time...

Both will be Turkish AF birds, maybe some markings form 1974 cyprus operation

regards

No problem, welcome, hope to see your builds soon!

First build was done a while ago, A 410 squadron CF-101, switch from 409. Using Belcher bits decals on a Monogram kit.

The first two CF-104s are coming along.......Have several (like 7) I'd like to do but might be able to finish a grand total of up to 4. ( a 441 dual and 3 showbirds, 441, 417 and 421)

I am dropping the CF-100 for now and might (doubtfull) try for additional CF-104s AETE, 439 and golden cent. All Hasegawa and all using Leading Edge decals.