For my second entry I pulled out a Revell A-6E I only bought about 3 months ago. I found it knocking about under a club table at a local show for all of 12 quid and promptly jumped on it. I went home a happy bunny with the intention of rescribing, detailing and throwing some aftermarket at it. After reading the rumours of an immenent reissue however, now made all the more likely by the recent sale of Revell USA, and the appearance of the Monogram Classics GB I decided to build it neat. With the added twist of aftermarket decals of course.

Here's what I've got. One kit, one sheet of decals, one lump of reference. All that's needed, all that's allowed. All things being good this should be fairly quick...

DSCN1264.jpg

Made a start, ip done, not as good as some of monograms other efforts but acceptable nontheless. Dials still to be glossed.

DSCN1292.jpg

Pit done, upper halves of seats will be added towards the end of the build

DSCN1316.jpg

Load's more soon,

Gary

I've got the fuselage closed up and the lower inserts installed, everything is puttied and I'm going to attach the wings shortly. Everything seems hunky dory at the moment, which is a sign of impending doom I'm sure!

Cockpit and coaming installed, fuselage closed up with CA and both inserts installed, wings assembled.

DSCN1320.jpg

I'm about halfway through cleaning up the bits I puttied yesterday

DSCN1322.jpg

That's gonna need more work, nothing unusual for kit engineering of the late 80's

DSCN1321.jpg

I love the shape of the Intruder, rugged, lumpy and mean looking, the raised panel lines actually suit it!

DSCN1323.jpg

More soon,

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

Aweesome!

One of my favorite aircraft of all time.

Flight of the Intruder baby..goin' down town!

Looking forward to following your progression

on this one. I, for one, hope they reissue

this kit. I want one!!!!!!

David

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, confession time. I've done a bad thing. A very baaaaad thing. When the Steel Beech A-6 intake covers appeared on the sprue brothers website a subconcious part of my brain ordered a couple of sets. The same subconcious that started trimming and test fitting them on my Mono GB entry as soon as they arrived. You see where this is going?

DSCN1427.jpg

They fit beautifully with raised detail to match. To get the left hand one on you'll need to remove the forward wall of the ladder bay. I trimmed it off with a 5 thou piece of plasticard on the backside to cover the rough texture which forms the new wall.

DSCN1430.jpg

DSCN1429.jpg

Mods, as a result of my moment of resin induced weakness ( we need a grovelling smilie) I'm quite happy to either let it die here and continue on in the main in progress forum or carry on posting it here if people are still interested. Waddya think? :thumbsup:

Gary

• 2 months later...