Aftermarket sets for the Hasegawa 1/72 F-2A or B?

Looking ahead to the post-group build period, I'll probably be starting one of the 1/72 Hasegawa F-2A or B kits that I have accumulated. Are there any aftermarket detail sets that are worth getting for these kits? I recall that there use to be a Platz detail set (I think), but these are long gone the way of legends (as most Platz goodies are!)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mike

Mike,

I have the Platz set, but am not impressed. It is darn expensive too. I think the aviationmegastore in the Netherlands still has a set, and saw it in different hobbyshops in Japan too.

AFAIK Eduard produces a set for the XF-2A, and I am assuming this can be used for the F-2A too.

Pollie:

Thanks! With all the big praise that is usually given to Platz, it is a bit surprising to hear that their F-2 set is not special. Oh well, I will be in Tokyo for about a week next month, so I will see if I can find one if I chave time to check out the hobby stores. The Eduard set for the XF-2A should definitely work, or at least be very close. This sounds like a better bet.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

Mike,

I have the Platz set, but am not impressed. It is darn expensive too. I think the aviationmegastore in the Netherlands still has a set, and saw it in different hobbyshops in Japan too.

AFAIK Eduard produces a set for the XF-2A, and I am assuming this can be used for the F-2A too.