Ft Worth NAS JRB (Carswell) Airshow

I just realized that May came and went and I didn't notice anything about an air show at Carswell. Did the end of VFA-201 herald the end of "Thunder Over Texas"? Anyone know for sure?

Some websites are claiming that October's Ft Worth Alliance Airport Airshow is moving to Carswell. Kinda wondering if the two shows got combined or something...

Edited by BAM'n'IVM
Some websites are claiming that October's Ft Worth Alliance Airport Airshow is moving to Carswell. Kinda wondering if the two shows got combined or something...

I'm planning on attending the Alliance show this year, keep us updated if you would.

I heard a while back that Carswell and Love were going to alternate years, but I don't think there's been an airshow at Love Field in the recent past.

One can never have too many airshows to go to...

I've never even heard of Love Field doing an airshow - must have been back in the '50s or '60s - maybe the '70s. I can't really see it happening these days with the neighborhoods and businesses so densely packed in all around the airport. Maybe whoever you heard that from meant "Alliance" instead of "Love"?

Edited by BAM'n'IVM
I have been to a couple of Love Field airshows.

Well, of couse you have, Gordo. You just walk outside the hanger, & BAM, you're there!

I remember the last Love Filed Airshow I went to, & possibly the last one they had. It was raining off & on that day, so our aircraft was always packed. For a time frame reference, The Kanas ANG had one of their B-1s there that, becasue I was wearing a flight suit, I got to take a look around the flight deck. Man, what I would do for that opportunity again.

Chris Ish

I'd have to look at my notes but I attended at least two airshows at Love Field, and the late '90s sound about right. They had an F-117 on static and it was still a pretty big deal to see one up close back then.

The 1995 version had a Idaho F-4G, couple of Nellis F-15Es, seems like a topgun F-5E

One of the years there was a U-2R that had cameras as it was covering flooding for

the President.

It is nice to work at the same airport where the show is and have a line badge. :)