Squadron has two books out with F-105G stuff in it. The Thunderchief Walkaround book contains both color and B&W photos of the front and aft pits in the 105G, showcasing its differences from the F model quite nicely as the aft center pit is VERY different from the F model, being dominated by two RHAW scopes in the upper center of the panel and an ER-142 scan receiver box below it. The second book is 'Wild Weasel" about anti SAM ops from Nam to Desert Storm (including pics of a Black Buck Vulcan with Shrikes on it). It doesn't go into the walk around emphasis so much, although I do recall it having some line drawings of the back cockpits in 105Gs and maybe some of the early converted 105Fs assigned to Weasel duty.

I would scan a pic, but I am temporarily out of commission in the scanning department. The F-105 Walkaround book should be easy enough to order if a shop shelf near you doesn't stock it. Are you close to Hannants or their warehouse location (I don't have a UK map on me)?

Edited by Jay Chladek