Naval/Coastal Helicopter camo

This is a lame idea but im tired of building carbon copy models of real world aircraft, i fancy a bit of a change. Essentailly...

My first year of university is complete, I have another 2 and a half weeks until my reserve unit deploys. Ive recently started to build an EC-135, revell kit.

The premise of the build is, the aircraft is built ina fictional nations colors. The nation is located within the South American Coastline region, and has a wealth of recently discovered oil fields, making it quite rich island nation. The island is totally surrounded by water, has a tropical climate, its densily forrested in areas, however has extensive farm land and a few large urban areas. The island is surrounded by neutral neighbours and has a drug trafficing problem. (essentially choose any island off the coast of mexico to venuzela)

The Ec-135 Im building is to be used, theoretically in a local law enforcement/ anti-drug runner roles, however it is NOT a police chopper, more a island defence force chopper.

Im toying with the idea of a simple tactical grey scheme, with squadron markings, etc but am also open to any ideas you may have.

Futhermore I would appreciate any images of naval, coastal operating helicopters, or even land based choppers camo schemes..... The more individual the scheme the better.

Theres room for development on this idea and i would be interested in hearing any thoughts you may have.

Many Thanks

Greg

Current models im also working on;

1/32nd A-7

The point of the fictionallity is to stear away from real builds. I was pondering with the IAC 135 but its not my 'cup of tea.'

The sea kings scheme is pretty neat, an interesting mixture of greys.

ATM ive buld the chopper and have applied a light grey base for futher painting.

This is a lame idea but im tired of building carbon copy models of real world aircraft, i fancy a bit of a change. Essentailly...

Theres room for development on this idea and i would be interested in hearing any thoughts you may have.

You could always add some things.

A FLIR pod:

001-1.jpg

Temporary inflatable floats:

002.jpg

Weapons pods:

EC635_8.jpgEC635_6.jpg

A Winch:

EC635_1.jpg

The last three are pictures of an EC-635, but you get the idea.

Edited by empeter

nice pics, thanks for the ideas. Ive mounted a camera/FLIR pod on the starbord skid, with a search light on the port skid. Ive mounted the winch system, and am in the process of building a pintel mount for a SAW type weapon.

I decided not to go with rockets/guns pods as i dont think this fits the role, a great idea none-the-less.

Updates

Aircraft length

PICT0992.jpg

FLIR/ Bull horn/ Spot light

PICT0993.jpg

Gun/ Mount

PICT0994.jpg

Thinking about a yellow diagonal stripe around the aft section with a smaller pin stripe running close to it, with the defence force insignia inside it.

Small update. Bored, its raining and I have a surprise day off from my part-time job.

Yellow trim added to the otherwise bare aft section, canopies added, strateing to build/paint the main rotor.

Have mounted pintel/door gun.

Insignia application and weathering to follow soon.

ec1352.jpg

ec1351.jpg

OK GUYS

thanks for the posts.

Ive lost interest for the time being, im thinkinag of adding emergancy floats we'll see.

Anyway im away for 3 weeks with my reserve Arty unit so posts are off for me for a while

Thanks to all the posters, ill put up some more images when i return.

Talk soon!!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

cheers su-34, ive got a proper digital camera now

negative hajo, wasnt a great build to be honest, literally just got back 2 hours ago from deployment

work will start agen, juyst as soon as i can regain interest.