Hase 1/72 F-14 rare markings?

Been sitting on the Iranian camo NASWC F-14A for a few years. The only one I have ever seen is the one I have. Anyone else ever seen one?

Also picked up the Bounty Hunters last cruise release F-14D. I did not realize the decals also included a low viz line jet. Those wide three tone gray stripes look very nice.

Are you asking if anyone has seen that model box before or the actual jet? As for the boxing, got 2 in the closet...

As for the actual NSAWC13 Iranian camo, there was only one jet 160913. It did have a slight variation on the paint scheme once, but pretty much remained the same the whole time it flew at NSAWC. It also had 33 instead of 13 for a short time early on (before the lightning bolts were added to the Topgun badge). Got a bunch of pics back in 98. Might be handy for a future project...I always really like the way that one looked!

NSAWC13hangar.jpg

-brian

Edited by Brian P
Been sitting on the Iranian camo NASWC F-14A for a few years. The only one I have ever seen is the one I have. Anyone else ever seen one?

Also picked up the Bounty Hunters last cruise release F-14D. I did not realize the decals also included a low viz line jet. Those wide three tone gray stripes look very nice.

As far as I'm concerned, HI-DECAL LINE did produce a decal set which exactly fufills your need,which has IRIAF & N-suck scheme at the same time, both in 1/72 & 1/48 scale, you can use it on any F-14A model kit.

Print and register are far from perfect, also lacking stencils, but generally acceptable when considering its price.

Just got one here on Taipei Taiwan, I assume that it will be more available in Europe or any other place besides Taiwan.

The Hi-Decal sheet is great. I helped Diego out on that one and provided much of the refs for the Nsawc birds. If you want to do it really accurately, unfortunately, a few things were overlooked but yes, that sheet will work.

-brian

Edited by Brian P

hi

there are actually two kits with this camo one is the kit mentioned the other was boxed up as solely an iranian aircraft ,i have seen but i do not own this one from what i saw the decal sheet was very small ,but again the decal sheet for the topgun kit is also small (this one i have )

neil

I have built the both NSAWC tomcats proposed by Diego on Iranian tomcat's sheet (1/72eme).... these decals are the best to make NSAWC tomcats (with Twobobs for the other splintered cat and the russian one...). My kit was the Hasegawa "Top Gun" kit, but decals from the box weren't be as good as Diego 's one (Colours and quality..)

Two pics to prouve what i have wrotten :

0wlxhilt.jpg

You can see more pics here :

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5...b91/gal4480.htm

And the other :

ad4642d6.jpg

If you have any questions.....

Seb