Well I bit the bullet and requisitioned a big Super Sabre!

Overall the kit looks outstanding with one exception... the controversial rivets. Upon close inspection I have to concede, the boys at Trumpeter seemed to have fallen into rivet frenzy and over did it a bit on the depth of the pesky little suckers. Here's what I'm contemplating.

Using a brush I scheme to apply Mr. Surfacer from Gunze-Sangyo to each of the rivets. The plan is to reduce not eliminate entirely. After this has all dried I would lightly sand back to base plastic. (I would skip the coating and simply sand the rivets down to a more scale appearance however that would also reduce the panel lines which look just right as is.) I have two glaring problems with this plan:

1. I have never tried this before and I have never seen it done?

2. I have never used Mr. Surfacer and do not know which grade to apply, 500, 1000 or 1200?

Please if you know, shed some light before I commit a $150.00 blunder and start my summer off in a Century Series funk. Please somebody stop me!

On the brink in Michigan,

Mike

P.S. Does anyone know how much material (in inches) to add to the kit tanks to update to the 335 gallon version?

Petes right.Theres no need to sand.Just brush on the Mr.Surfacer, let it dry and remove it with either Mr.Color thinner or 99% Isopropyl alcohol.The Mr.Color thinner is somewhat "hotter" than the Alcohol so it is easier to do large areas quickly. HTH Mark

Thanks guys you may have saved my life... well at least saved me $150.00 American. Seriously, thanks for taking the time to give your insight.

Regards,

Mike