Iwata HP-CS vs HP-C-Plus???

You could also try lewisyml0078 on ebay - I got my HP-CH from him. He's based in Hong Kong but shipping was really quick - I got the airbrush, braided hose, water trap and quick connection fitting for £94 shipped - at the time the airbrush ALONE was £176 in the UK!

The airbrush arrived today, I selected the EMS option that was quite expensive, but still, three days from HK to NZ is pretty good service in anybody's book. I can't usually send mail that fast within NZ!

I'd recommend lewisyml0078 to anyone.

I used the C-Plus for the first time today.

Hmmm....well it can certainly paint fine lines....

I used Humbrol enamels, and experimented with differing amounts of thinner and air pressure. I found that you need it pretty thin, so opacity becomes an issue.

I wont be using it to paint any large single colour models that's for sure.

Still, I purchased it to paint finer detail than I can with my current Badger 150, and it certainly does that. The badger will still be used for larger areas.

Now all I need is more practice to allow me to free-hand camouflage schemes, and to have a go with Tamiya and Gunze acrylics to see what they are like.

I think I'd have been better with the CS and it's .35 head, as I'm sure I'll never be going any finer than the .3 on the C-Plus, and greater capability at the wider end would most likely prove it's worth.

yes, the .35mm needle/nozzle combo on the HP-CS is my work horse. i can do fine lines and broad coverage. i also have the HP-C with the .2mm n/n combo and it is a little tricky to get the results you need. later.

Thanks for discussing this topic guys.

I have been looking for a good gravity feed A/B and was steering towards Iwata.

After reading your posts on the subject I have decided to get the Exclipse HP-CS with the .35 tip and the extra parts to do the .5 mm.

Now all I have to do is conjure up the money and I'll be all set. ;)

Thank you again!

In Christ,

David