Fairford pre/post show

Hi All,

Just wondering, as going to the actual show would be a bit too expensive, I wanted to know which of the pre or post show days would be worth looking at? I really want another look at a B-52, but would love to see what else is on offer training/leaving etc!

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

I have gotten tickets for the Saturday July 14th for Fairford RIAT.I just read the leaflet and it does not specify what dates things are happening but it does tell me that they are also having a Legendary US motors form 1950's to present day includin Cadillacs, Corvettes,Pontiacs Mustangs, Buicks and GT40s,a 1960s' Le Mans Spitfire,a Messerschmitt TG500...

.......And LANCASTER,MUSTANG AND HURRICANE..THE old war birds. THE VULCAN XH-558 will take to the skies..oh yeah the F117A Stealth Fighter(its only UK appearance this year)..

Have you tried loking at their website...airtattoo.com

I wish I could have helped you more but the tickets/leaflets dont give ME much info

,.Sorry.

:deadhorse1: HOLMES.

Hi All,

Just wondering, as going to the actual show would be a bit too expensive, I wanted to know which of the pre or post show days would be worth looking at? I really want another look at a B-52, but would love to see what else is on offer training/leaving etc!

Thanks,

Joe

Heres my what I recall from my past visits.

Wedensday, never actually attended this day, but mainly arrivals day from what I can gather.

From Thursday to Friday most aircraft that are displaying will be practising their routines for the public days.

Saturday & Sunday are the public airshow days, when display are held each day by the same aircraft, but with a different schedule.

Monday is departure day, when a lot of the aircraft seen only as statics over the weekend leave for home.

The B-52's and B-1's do fly Thursday thro Sunday but as they are based there the don't move on the Monday.

Also appearing this year are the USAF Thunderbirds

B-1s and B-52s are not based at Fairford. Sometimes they just stay on a bit longer for other airshows. They usually arrive on the Wednesday with most of the other US heavies and a few other bits and pieces. Thursday is the main arrivals day, and Friday has the last few arrivals and the practise displays. Everything departs on the Monday.

If you are not going to the actual show,then Monday departures day is the best in my opinion.Its better than the show!I'll be there on Monday snapping away with the camera.

Jon

Agree with Jon on that one: three words of advice though, arrive very early

At least on the friday you get to see practices, and in the past, aircraft have displayed on the friday before the committe, but come the show, the display has been watered down by the safety committee.

Monday is the day I get my best shot's, especially from the FRIAT grandstand in the middle.

Wednesday is usually the heavy arrivals as they need more room to park, with thursday the rest, and stragglers on friday. With a Pakistani Navy Orion due I don't want to miss anything. I just hope my camera doesn't overheat.