Which is the best model in each scale?

Its been a long time since ive been on the modelling scene (Last year! ) and i fancied starting it up again with an F-16. So, correct me if im wrong but:

1/32 : Tamiya or Academy

1/48 : Hasegawa

1/72 Revell?

is that right?

The 1/48 or 1/32 kits cannot be built into a Block 52 straight from the box. Different engine/intake. The 1/48 Hase kit lacks a few items to make an accurate Block 50 or 52.

Jake

Is the 1/48 Tamiya a scaled down 1/32? or is it a completely new version?

Completely new.

In 1/72nd, the Revell kit does not have the bulged main landing gear doors, the Hasegawa F-16CJ/DJ kits do have these. However, the Hasegawa kits retain the F-16A/B style gun gas vent while the Revell kit has a correct part.

HTH,

Andre

The only things I can add is 72nd RoG/Monogram, its hands down the best. And yes, it hurts my eyes too. Both other scales unquestionably Tamiya. In 48th, Hasegawa's CJ still holds its own to an extent, and the market price at shows this weekend was $20USD for it.

Jeff

With the Hasegawa, dont i need to Find my own weapons?

Why would someone sell a military jet without missiles..........

No, I believe all Hase CJs (72 and 48) comes with AIM-9Ms, AIM-120As, and AGM-88s. At least that was the case for me. The only thing it is missing are the jammers on the centerline.

10025166z3.jpg