2007 Maple Flag ARC'ers

Just looking at these photos, including that most recent one (last one above me), I think we should introduce the Canadian ground crews to this revolutionary substance that's been around since man started washing laundry down-stream from the place they butchered their meat: Soap!!!

I mean, really, it pains me to see such lovely aircraft in such.... "spotty" appearance! A little wear and tear makes a good model, but they look like that sat out behind the garage for a year before they flew them in :(

Hmm soap or maintenance. Your right pilots would probably love to fly a pretty airplane into the ground because of lack of maintenance rather than a dirty fighter that is fully servicable (or close) into action. When you consider how many people are leaving the airforce and who is left to do the work some things take a back seat.

BTW if this sounds like I'm miffed its because the guys here work their butts off for little praise and dont need to be talked about in a disparaging way.

James, Ex Hornet Handler

Just looking at these photos, including that most recent one (last one above me), I think we should introduce the Canadian ground crews to this revolutionary substance that's been around since man started washing laundry down-stream from the place they butchered their meat: Soap!!!

I mean, really, it pains me to see such lovely aircraft in such.... "spotty" appearance! A little wear and tear makes a good model, but they look like that sat out behind the garage for a year before they flew them in :(

We clean them on a regular basis based on airframe hours. With a paintjob being in the $100,000 range we don't have them re-painted often. In fact I'd be surprised if it is every ten years between paint jobs.

And we maintain them well thank-you very much. Our Hornets have more hours on them than any Hornet in the world, I think that in itself is a testament to how well we mainitain them. The Hornet was suppose to have an airframe life of 2500 hours and our jets are up to 5000 plus hours.

These jets baked in the sun in the first Gulf War and went to another war with the same paintjob (Balkans).

So what experience do you have maintaining military aircraft based on your knowledge ridden post?

We clean them on a regular basis based on airframe hours. With a paintjob being in the $100,000 range we don't have them re-painted often. In fact I'd be surprised if it is every ten years between paint jobs.

And we maintain them well thank-you very much. Our Hornets have more hours on them than any Hornet in the world, I think that in itself is a testament to how well we mainitain them. The Hornet was suppose to have an airframe life of 2500 hours and our jets are up to 5000 plus hours.

These jets baked in the sun in the first Gulf War and went to another war with the same paintjob (Balkans).

So what experience do you have maintaining military aircraft based on your knowledge ridden post?

I think our Hornets look fantastic! They look they are being used for what they are designed for - combat! And given how hard our Hornet handlers work at keeping them flying - I suspect they operate like well oiled Swiss watches. Having nice clean paint indicates that someone's got too much time on their hands - time better spent on real maintaince - not buffing out paint jobs.

Thanks for keeping our Hornets in character.

:(

I think our Hornets look fantastic! They look they are being used for what they are designed for - combat! And given how hard our Hornet handlers work at keeping them flying - I suspect they operate like well oiled Swiss watches. Having nice clean paint indicates that someone's got too much time on their hands - time better spent on real maintaince - not buffing out paint jobs.

Thanks for keeping our Hornets in character.

:thumbsup:

We scrub those things all the time. Most of the faded areas are due to the sun.

Thanks for the good word.