The tape used for scribing?

Occasionally I see pictures of someone's work on ARC. They are scribing panel lines and using some sort of thick black 'tape' as a guide. I would like some of this - what is it called and where would I find it?

Thanks!

I call it Dymo Tape.......used to make labels. It comes in different colors like Black, Red, Green and Yellow. When you punch the letters into it, it make white letters because the plastic is stretching.

Check in you office supply stores.

Edited by BlueNosers352nd
I call it Dymo Tape.......used to make labels. It comes in different colors like Black, Red, Green and Yellow. When you punch the letters into it, it make white letters because the plastic is stretching.

Check in you office supply stores.

Excellent - thanks!!

I call it Dymo Tape

Dymo is probably the best known, but there are other types available. If when asking for Dymo tape the assistant gives you a blank look, try saying 'embossing tape'.

peebeep

It's called Dymo here in Ottawa Chris. I got mine at Staples, in the section where they keep the label makers.

Don't confuse it with P-Touch tape though, as P-Touch will cost you an arm and a leg. Dymo is dirt cheap.

Yup - I found some at Staples last night. I did get the blank look when I asked for Dymo. So I asked for "you know, the tape that you have to PRESS letters into" ... >making pressing motion with hands< ... "for, uh... labeling stuff?"

I got two - they should last me a few models

So, do you guys peel the backing off and stick the tape down, or hold it in place in some other way? I've wondered about that since in the old days, when we used to use it to actually label things, it seems like it stuck pretty good.

Steve.