Hi,

I don't normally make things with more than one mainplane, but being a bit of a Czech AF enthusiast I had to have one of these. Now I've bought it I'll have to have more, but that's for the future. I started the one I have (the first release, open-cockpit III serie) last night, and it's a little beauty. There's a whole raft of etched brass if you like that sort of thing, including the rigging turnbuckles and pre-painted instrument panel and seat harness. There are many manufacturers could use this kit as a lesson in how to represent fabric - no "sacking weave" or sagging between ribs here, just an excellent representation of fabric covering.

Four decal options for three aircraft, one of which has two options for Czech or Slovak (Axis) markings.

Downsides found to date: I think the joint where the upper decking fits the main fuselage may need reinforcing - no big deal. I also think that the wheels for the spatted and unspatted versions have been mixed up in the instructions, with the spatted versions shown as being fitted to the non-spatted aircraft and vice-versa (the difference is in the hub detail). Oh, and while we're on the wheels, the tyres have "Dunlop" clearly marked on them.

So whilst it's early days and work in progress, happy so far. I'll try and remember to take some pics and post same if anyone would like.

Looking forward to the "razorback" IV serie.

:doh:

Progress to date: preliminary assembly done, interior sprayed, ready for dry-brushing and assembly.

General views:

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

Fuselage Interiors, with etched cocking handles added to the guns:

IMG_2301.jpg

Detail bits - fuselage frames, radiator matrix, cockpit floor; seat harness yet to be added:

IMG_2303.jpg

Rudder pedals are assymetrically set deliberately, the rudder will be suitably deflected.

Only three bits of etch lost to the carpet monster so far, that's pretty good for me. Next time I'll do the cocking handles from scrap plastic, it's easier.

Apologies for the photography, I know I'm no David Bailey!

Edited by MikeC
Progress to date: preliminary assembly done, interior sprayed, ready for dry-brushing and assembly.

General views:

Fuselage Interiors, with etched cocking handles added to the guns:

Detail bits - fuselage frames, radiator matrix, cockpit floor; seat harness yet to be added:

Rudder pedals are assymetrically set deliberately, the rudder will be suitably deflected.

Only three bits of etch lost to the carpet monster so far, that's pretty good for me. Next time I'll do the cocking handles from scrap plastic, it's easier.

Apologies for the photography, I know I'm no David Bailey!

Looks good! Mine is sitting on the shelf waiting patiently... Soon my pretty..... *cackle*

I always use acrylics. It's Tamiya XF-16 Aluminium, mixed with a dash of white.

I've now got the fuselage assembled and the wings and tail on, they're drying out as I type.

I always use acrylics. It's Tamiya XF-16 Aluminium, mixed with a dash of white.

I've now got the fuselage assembled and the wings and tail on, they're drying out as I type.

Thank's ,got to try it.

RP