I have a soft spot for Monogram Merite figures. I only discovered them via e-bay a couple of years ago. The German Paratrooper (Crete, 1941) is the latest of my acquisitions, together with a Roger's Ranger, German SS officer and an Afrika Korps soldier.

My intent here is to present at least one, possibly more as the mood strikes me, as they are relatively quick to build, and present a practice exercise in painting 54mm figures.

Most of them have about 4 white metal parts, and they come with a small black plastic pedestal with a gold nameplate sticker.

The first one that I will include here is the German Paratrooper.

This little guy has four pieces - body, arms and MG34. He took a few hours to assemble and paint, using gap-filling superglue, a bit of filing, blended acrylics and a dab of rub n buff.

Absolutely!

I used CA to glue the arms and MG34, and painted with artists' acrylics.

Total work time estimated to be about 4 hours.

I just opened the Afrika Korps soldier at lunch yesterday, and filed the mould parting lines. I took photos of that.

Absolutely!

I used CA to glue the arms and MG34, and painted with artists' acrylics.

Total work time estimated to be about 4 hours.

I just opened the Afrika Korps soldier at lunch yesterday, and filed the mould parting lines. I took photos of that.

Strike me, talk about a quick build!!

:(

MikeJ