Does anybody know if Third Wire is still around? I saw a while back they had some nice 1/48 Legacy Hornet wing folds but I never placed an order.

--------------------

Marv

Gallery Entries on ARC:

I believe they folded, cuz when I went to their website, it was an ad site....

I saw the same thing the last couple times I checked their site. Major bummer. I should have ordered some set of those wings as soon as I saw they were available...

--------------------

Marv

Gallery Entries on ARC:

Yessir, what Thomas said.

Website is still up, although we let the original domain name expire, and its just piggybacked on the North American Hobbies site for now.

Our 1/72 scale cans have been taken over by Drpepper resin, and can be ordered directly from him, I believe the link is posted up above.

We have some stuff in the works, but still waiting on finding reliable casters. There is some F18E/F stuff, and other goodies in the can.

Thats about all there is to it right now.

Steve

It's been a long time since I've dropped by and posted an update.

Steve's pretty well covered the fact that we're still shopping for a reliable, yet quality caster. I know Bugfan's been busy working his tail off lining up someone to get us back up and running. If anyone can give us a lead, it would be greatly appreciated.

The reason for this is that my job has kept me way too busy over the pat year to really dedicate the time necessary to cast well. I did a run last summer and because it was rushed, there was a disproportionate amount of rejects and quality suffered. If we cannot find anyone in the near future, I've already decided to start casting again, but availability may be limited as I will not be able to cast as much as I was a few years ago.

BTW, Steve, update the website!!! :coolio:

Take Care,

Thomas

Hey gamodeler, in answer to your query:

i have money thats waiting to be spent for your wing folds. but here is an idea how about contacting dp's resin and see if you two can strike up some type of deal for the casting part.

DoctorPepper was contacted early in the hunt, and his price quote to us was OUTRAGEOUS, unless you wanted to pay 35 to 40 dollars for the SH flaps and wingfolds. To me its not worth 3 times the price of the kit! Thats a decision I made on my own.

I am waiting for some news on the casting of those SH sets from the west coast, but havent heard hide nor hair from him in about a month. Time for me to contact him I guess, hes got our masters!! We are really trying hard to get this done, but w/o us doing it ourselves, we are at someone elses mercy! Just ask Dave Roof!

By the way, just click on my signature and you will get to the 3rdwire homepage.

Thanks to everyone for not forgetting about us!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Edited by Bugfan