A couple of pics as promised...

Here's a shot with the primer on...not a great coat, but I was happy to find out that there was very little extra sanding to do at this point...

primerquick.jpg

Here's the dive brakes with some extra details based on the pictures from the Allison Engine Mustang reference that D Bellis dropped off...

brakedetail.jpg

That's it for now...

Cheers,

Dave

Building has been hampered by life in general... I have been spraying the yellow MTO wing bands today. I'll have pics sometime soon. Nothing else exciting going on in this one.

Cheers,

Dave

Coupla quick pics...

wingbands.jpg

Top view of the wings bands...

orangepeel.jpg

Close up of the orange peel on the bottom side of the wing bands :yahoo: :)

So there is my newest headache...shouldn't be bad to fix though...

Cheers,

Dave

:banana::banana:

I sanded on the yellow stripes that had the orange peel some and had them come nicely clean...I even decided not to throw down a touch up layer of paint...the gloss and clear coats should even everything nicely...

:banana::banana:

Never been so happy...that one could have been painful...

Cheers,

Dave

Painting continues...after rescuing the yellow stripes I have moved on to the Neutral gray undersides...I should be to the OD later today and should have pics tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dave

Quick pic from the paint box...neutral gray on the undersides...didn't get as far as I wanted today, but it's still going well...

apachepaint.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Some more of the paint progress for you. A couple shots after the OD was finished and all the masking was removed...

painted1.jpg

painted2.jpg

In the first shot you can see a slight underspray of the mask that needs to be cleaned up...there were only a few minor spots that need to be cleaned up...I am extremely happy with the way the paint has come out so far.

Next up will be painting the dive brakes and the flaps...

Cheers,

Dave

who's OD did you use?

plain old Modelmaster rattle can...which will probably drive D Bellis nuts when he reads this...he has been trying to teach me how to use my airbrush for a while now :whistle:

Cheers,

Dave

What airbrush do you have?

Badger 200 I think...don't remember...maybe it's a 220...I bought it the last time I was stationed in Groton...like 6 years ago. I've fiddled with it some, but never gotten to the point of shooting paint with it...D Bellis is gonna break me through my "wall"...maybe this coming weekend...

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by parche
plain old Modelmaster rattle can...which will probably drive D Bellis nuts...

:D

;) Who, me? :P

Nah, that looks great! I'm always impressed when I see someone pull off such a nice paint job with rattle cans. It takes a certain 'touch' to do it that well.

...maybe this coming weekend...

Cool beans! I'm looking forward to it!

I just KNOW that once the airbrush has been cleaned, you'll lean back and :doh: "why'd I wait so long!"

B)

D

D,

We'll get together...the wife is excited to know I'm actually going to learn how to use it...

and here is a pic to keep everyone happy...

divebrakepaint.jpg

Dive brakes in the paint box for some yellow action...

Cheers,

Dave

...the wife is excited to know I'm actually going to learn how to use it...

:worship:

I'm playing hookie from work (mental health day B)), the wife's working 'til 6 and no kids today. Feel free to call if you're not busy...

D

Edited by D Bellis

Ok, here is some more progress for you...going back to work after leave has greatly impacted my build time...damn work...oh, well.

all.jpg

Here an all around shot...

exhausts.jpg

Rust colored exhaust installed...

something.jpg

Random shot...

flaps-1.jpg

Flaps in the paint box (still trying to finish the yellow)...

divebrake.jpg

Dive brakes painted up...some detail clean up still needed...

Hope you like...

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks for the comment...I cannot wait to get this one done. I won't really do any weathering to it...maybe a little bit, but I think I would like to leave her pretty clean...should look pretty nice with the dive brakes open I think.

Cheers,

Dave

Progress pics...gear on...divebrakes test fit after painting...one unpainted bomb test fit with divebrakes to check clearance

topview.jpg

bottomview.jpg

upsidedownnoseview.jpg

quarterview.jpg

Cheers,

Dave