Air Superiority blue F-15A

Decided to put my aggressor eagle on hold.. Till the new Afterburner Aggressor Eagle sheet is re-released.. :rofl: (And i'm stuck on the paint scheme for it as well. :yahoo: Cant find the right shade of light blue. Urgh, frustrating. My pocket money isnt much, yet i've blown a significant portion on wasted paint. Plus recently some issues cropped up. Had to put some stuff on hold. Drifting off, but i'd like to thank Shawn Hull for his great understanding. Thkz!! The money will be sent quite soon!! :rofl:)

Got a couple of 1/72 eagles in the cupboard. Want to build one as a quick build, (with hopefully no extra $$$ to be spent!! meaning no aftermarket.) I wan to build something which i've yet to see here so far.. F-15A with the short-lived air-superiority blue paint scheme.

But i cant find any ref pic!! :whistle:

Anyone has any ref pics? Care to post them here?

Thanks in advance!! :)

You can find some pics and drawings in the F-15 Minigraph/Datagraph books. I wish there was enough refs on the pre-production and early operational (white tails codes) Eagles for one of the smallish decal companies to do a sheet. That has been a new thgin for me- building early F-15s, F-16s, and A-10s. So far I've only built one FSD F-16B.

Chappie

Can't recall any refs right now, but the scheme is pretty simple as it's just the Light Blue overall. Some areas are Flat and some are Glossy. The paint I've got for this scheme is some OLD Polly-S water-based paint. I know, somewhere in my bookmarks I've got a bookmark for the USAF Tech Order (1.1.4?) that show's the scheme, but can't find it right now.

Try doing a search on http://www.airliners.net, go to the search page and use "F-15" as the keyword. No guarantees, but that may yield something.

Here are a couple, I have more but they are as slides located on the other side of the world right now, but I posted these a few months back and were still in my photobucket, hope they are of some help.

Duane

:yahoo:

F-15A73-112LA.jpg

F-15A73-090LA.jpg

Thanks for all the replies!!

Oh man.. I didnt even know that the letterings were in white!!! Anyone can suggest how to put in the small letterings like the serial numbers??

And would there be any big errors if i use the early mold Hasegawa 1/72 F-15C to build this? The kit has early style engines, and none of the ECM thingy at the rear section..

Edited by strikeeagle88