Although I'm still at work, I thought I may try to garner a bit of intel here in prep for what I hope will be my inaugiral group build attempt. Was interior green the general coloration for the cockpit areas of the P-61, including the rear station? How about wheel wells? Kind of a standard Q on this or any other board, but it's nice to get the input from a wider and more informed group of people I have very limited source material on the Widow. I am thinking I want to finally just put one of these together. I've always thought I'd do the rescibe and etch sets and all of that, but this GB gives me the op to just build one and see how it comes out. It's either a 61 or a 25. Anyway, TIA for any input you guys can offer. I'll try and post some start up pics tonight :cheers: ............

McLents

Although I'm still at work, I thought I may try to garner a bit of intel here in prep for what I hope will be my inaugiral group build attempt. Was interior green the general coloration for the cockpit areas of the P-61, including the rear station? How about wheel wells? Kind of a standard Q on this or any other board, but it's nice to get the input from a wider and more informed group of people I have very limited source material on the Widow. I am thinking I want to finally just put one of these together. I've always thought I'd do the rescibe and etch sets and all of that, but this GB gives me the op to just build one and see how it comes out. It's either a 61 or a 25. Anyway, TIA for any input you guys can offer. I'll try and post some start up pics tonight :D ............

McLents

I believe I can help out here. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you my write-up on building the 48th scale P-61. I've built 9 of them, have 3 more on the bench and another 34 in the stash.

A quick answer to your questions, interior green for the interior that is visible from outside, yellow zinc-chromate on all othe interior surfaces. Wheel wells, unpainted aluminum. I also have a nose weight for it that I make and sell for $2.25.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
34 in the stash.

:woot.gif:

I have to wonder at how large your entire 'stash' is!

Maybe its a warehouse and not a mere stash? LOL

You are definitely set for retirement. Nice. :)

David

Edited by 96Delta