New Decal Company - Impact Decals

Hi all,

I have been waiting a very long time to be able to finally post this but here it is. I am very happy to announce the creation of Impact Decals! We finally got our website (which still needs a little tweeking) up and running. There you can find more information as to "who we are" and how Impact came to be.

I am very excited to show you a preview of our first sheet which is now available for pre-order.

48-001cover.jpg

I would like to thank you all for you inspiration. Especially those of you who are also aspiring to make this hobby more enjoyable by providing exceptional aftermarket goodies! We only hope that our products and services will meet the needs, wants, and expectations of all of our fellow modellers.

Kevin Taylor

www.impacthobbydecals.com

Edited by av8iimech

Welcome to the rodeo. Best of luck. I really like the idea of a squadron history style arrangement that you mention on your site. Do you intend to stick in the Marine area, or will your topics wander about everywhere?

Now where is my Intruder buried in the stash?

Cheers, and again best of luck,

Dave

PS Change the address in your sig to a link and guys can jump right too it...

Welcome to the rodeo. Best of luck. I really like the idea of a squadron history style arrangement that you mention on your site. Do you intend to stick in the Marine area, or will your topics wander about everywhere?

Now where is my Intruder buried in the stash?

Cheers, and again best of luck,

Dave

PS Change the address in your sig to a link and guys can jump right too it...

Being a former Marine has driven me in that direction BUT, I would like to do subjects from the other services in the future also.

Thanks for the heads up on the link

Kevin

Geez, somebody FINALLY does a subject that's not a part of the cast of the usual suspects... and FINALLY does the Vietnam era VMA(AW)-224 markings... and whaddya know, they're in the WRONG **** scale!!!! Thanks for nothing! :blink: :cheers:

You 1/48 guys better not be sitting on the fence looking a gift horse in the mouth and holding onto your money on this release, as you're really lucky ******* schmucks you know that?! :angry:

Geez, somebody FINALLY does a subject that's not a part of the cast of the usual suspects... and FINALLY does the Vietnam era VMA(AW)-224 markings... and whaddya know, they're in the WRONG **** scale!!!! Thanks for nothing! :D :doh:

You 1/48 guys better not be sitting on the fence looking a gift horse in the mouth and holding onto your money on this release, as you're really lucky ******* schmucks you know that?! :angry:

Bit over the top with that post. Have a cold one and calm down.

Great looking sheet, I need to pick up another A-6!

Kevin,

Congrats on your first product, I know you've been working on this for a long time and I wish you all the best!

Oh and we keep the keys to the magic references locker in the rumpus room at the Headquarters for the Anti-1/72nd Scale Cabal. Oops maybe I shouldn't have said that. By the way, the new guy has to bring beer to the next meeting.

Ben

What's the deal with people criticizing cottage industry companies that don't produce exactly what they want? Most of these companies are started by hobbyists because of a perceived lack of desired subject matter on the market. It is unbelievable that someone would attempt to steal the enthusiasm surrounding the creation of a new company simply because the first product announced isn't in 1/72. I think it is outstanding that we now have so many upstart companies that are tackling subject matter that may have been neglected by other firms previously. Just in the last month we've seen 2 new decal companies come on to the scene. I remember the dark ages when you basically had two choices for decal options; either use the decals that came with the kit or use basically one company's questionably researched aftermarket decals. We now have several guys out there producing a wide variety of high quality well researched decals. That is a good thing. For the people that don't see the subject matter or scale that you are looking for why not consider starting your own company and produce what you'd like to see? Good luck.

Edited by ravensfan6711
Geez, somebody FINALLY does a subject that's not a part of the cast of the usual suspects... and FINALLY does the Vietnam era VMA(AW)-224 markings... and whaddya know, they're in the WRONG **** scale!!!! Thanks for nothing! :D :doh:

Geez.... um did you have a bad day and glue your fingers together or something?

Unbelievable.

Edited by Scot M
Wow, somebody's a little salty after their night of beer induced debauchery. :doh:

Ummm, I didn't go to college and all so, ummm, what does debauchery mean, ummm yeah :D ?

I get the feeling someone ****** in JC's Cheerios !

Again Guys, Congrats on your New Company !

Gregg

Ummm, I didn't go to college and all so, ummm, what does debauchery mean

Main Entry: de·bauch·ery

Pronunciation: di-'bo-ch&-rE, -chrE, -'bä-

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -er·ies

1 a : extreme indulgence in sensuality b plural : ORGIES

2 archaic : seduction from virtue or duty

What's the deal with people criticizing cottage industry companies that don't produce exactly what they want? Most of these companies are started by hobbyists because of a perceived lack of desired subject matter on the market. It is unbelievable that someone would attempt to steal the enthusiasm of the creation of a new company simply because the first product announced isn't in 1/72. I think it is outstanding that we now have so many upstart companies that are tackling subject matter that may have been neglected by other firms previously. Just in the last month we've seen 2 new decal companies come on to the scene. I remember the dark ages when you basically had two choices for decal options; either use the decals that came with the kit or use basically one company's questionably researched aftermarket decals. We now have several guys out there producing a wide variety of high quality well researched decals. That is a good thing. For the people that don't see the subject matter or scale that you are looking for why not consider starting your own company and produce what you'd like to see? Good luck.

Amen! It seems like every decal maker on here who post something about new sheets or certain squadron that may be done J.C. Bahr always has something negative to say. Maybe the Mod's can have a talk with him. This is really getting annoying, and childish.

I am sorry we can't please you , your Royal Highness.

By the way congrats guy's!!

Mike

Edited by Mike5401