New Decal Company - Impact Decals

I'll make the same statement I made on the arrival of Fightertown Decals...you guys make whatever you want to make in whatever scale you desire. I'm sure I'll end up buying plenty. Again, best of luck.

Cheers,

Dave

And now the most important question in the world......Do you plan to release any 1/72 scale decals?

What's the old saying? Oh yeah: "Wish in one hand and...."

On the plus side, you made me $20....read it and weep suckas, less than 12 posts in! :)

Glad to oblige Scott. BTW - when were you planning to mail me my cut for all the threads I do this in for ya? :rofl:

It is unbelievable that someone would attempt to steal the enthusiasm of the creation of a new company simply because the first product announced isn't in 1/72. I think it is outstanding that we now have so many upstart companies that are tackling subject matter that may have been neglected by other firms previously.

No, what's unbelieveable is the attempts to stifle the 1/72 issue in these forums all the time! Tell me, is 1/72 scale intimidating to you larger scale builders or something?

Maybe the Mod's can have a talk with him. This is really getting annoying, and childish.

Mike, we could really open up a whole new can of worms here regarding "annoying" and "childish" in this forum that are well beyond this immediate moment.

i sense a lockdown soon...

but again, not to quench anybody's enthusiasm or what nots, i love the markings but i can't find a reasonably-priced Revell kit to put it on.. that's just such a big bummer for me. i wish someone.. trumpeter or what... would just do an issue of A-6s.. from As to Es..

and can i point out that the decals may not necessarily be for projects NOW? seeing how most of us buy resin and decals and then keep it in the stash for.. well.. 10 years, it kinda gives chance to the possibility of a kit-rerelease, and then the manufacturer would be the only one "foresighted" enough to have produced those decals, and they'd sell out before anyone else could start on the drawing and printing of their own.

so, in theory, Afterburner could start on 1/32nd D model Tamiya vipers and have the artwork ready to print at any notice... first to print, first to sell!

drPepper

Always glad to see new decals.

Something I've always wondered about Bengals A-6's... Why do they have a blue tail? I've never seen a blue tiger... Also along the same lines, why does VMFA-333 unit patch have a tiger on it, & not 3 shamrocks?

Ish

Good luck with the venture Kevin. Schemes look pretty cool.

I can't get Intruders without a second mortgage, but 1/48 Prowlers are a dime a dozen for me. How about some markings for those?

:cheers:

Kevin,

Great subject to start with! A quick question.......what time frame is that bottom A-6E for?

Dave

Thanks Dave, The bottom TRAM bird is from '92. The others are '72 & '76 respectively.

Geez, somebody FINALLY does a subject that's not a part of the cast of the usual suspects... and FINALLY does the Vietnam era VMA(AW)-224 markings... and whaddya know, they're in the WRONG **** scale!!!! Thanks for nothing! :bandhead2::explode:

You 1/48 guys better not be sitting on the fence looking a gift horse in the mouth and holding onto your money on this release, as you're really lucky ******* schmucks you know that?! :angry:

:doh: I shoulda had a V-8!

Main Entry: de·bauch·ery

Pronunciation: di-'bo-ch&-rE, -chrE, -'bä-

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -er·ies

1 a : extreme indulgence in sensuality b plural : ORGIES

2 archaic : seduction from virtue or duty

did someone say ORGIES? Here, on this site??? EEwww, I'm going to have nightmares for the rest of my life!!! :explode::bandhead2:

Good luck with the venture Kevin. Schemes look pretty cool.

I can't get Intruders without a second mortgage, but 1/48 Prowlers are a dime a dozen for me. How about some markings for those?

:banana:

Thanks and BTW our next sheet covers a squadron that just happens to fly the Prowler.

I like the middle scheme with the blue tail, that's what an A-6 should look like to me, gull gray over white with a tan radome. :banana:

(sorry guys, never a fan of the TPS look on an Intruder)

Glad to see someone is doing decals for an often overlooked airplane, I'll be getting a sheet to use on my Revell A-6.

Ken

You guys ever do Helo decals?

JAke

I do have an idea for a sheet which would contain some helos but it is just in the idea stage right now. I have done a little research but finding pics of the birds I want to do is kind of difficult.

I like the middle scheme with the blue tail, that's what an A-6 should look like to me, gull gray over white with a tan radome. :thumbsup:

Glad to see someone is doing decals for an often overlooked airplane, I'll be getting a sheet to use on my Revell A-6.

Ken

Amen that on both counts!

Looks good Kevin! Agree with Ken about the blue-tailed Intruder. And thank you for not making yet another Tomcat sheet; thanks for something that not only is too often overlooked, but also looks cool. :thumbsup:

Wow! A great subject! I will definitely be ordering a sheet. Of course, i don't have an A-6 right now, but this sheet is incentive to get one!

As for Helos, if I can be of any help (although it would seem you're more Navy/Marines oriented) let me know.

Thanks, and good luck!

Jon

Congrats on the new decal company and the decal sheet looks great!

It would be really nice if Revell/Monogram would reissue the A-6/EA-6 kits again, especially considering the price that they go for on Ebay nowadays. The demand is there, and has been there for a long time, so why not reissue? It's long overdue.

Which makes me wonder. So, when a new kit comes out, as seen with the Hasegawa/Revell Super Hornets, and the Tamiya F-16, a flood of aftermarket decals come out right after. I wonder, if model manufacturers take note on releases such as this, and think that maybe they should reissue their kits? What I mean is, it is clear that the production of kits fuel the aftermarket decal companies, but does it work the other way around?

So, two things I want to see happen.

1. Revell needs to reissue the Intruder/Prowler kits. I'd love to see some 1/48 examples on my shelf, especially a couple of Intruders in both 533 and 224 markings.

2. Trumpeter, hurry the f*ck up and finish the 1/32 A-6 already! But before you send it to production, IRON OUT THE IMPERFECTIONS!

I've found a forum just right for JC! :thumbsup:Whinge.net - what do you want to complain about today? :banana::nanner:

Congratulations on yet another new decal company! I wish you guys all the best! :thumbsup:

:nanner: good one Badcop, but we need to stop icon_warning_donotfeedthetrolls.gif feeding the trolls!

Thanks for more MARINE DECALS keep'em coming S/F! Fly MARINES!

Mark

Edited by SSgtd6152

And now jumping on the "How About Bandwagon", gonna do any sheets on VA-85? They were one of the first Intruder squadrons and also happened to spend quite a bit of their history on the USS Forrestal. :thumbsup:

What I mean is, it is clear that the production of kits fuel the aftermarket decal companies, but does it work the other way around?

You're forgetting the "Rule of Inverse Availability", which states that:

"The maximum number of aftermarket parts, decals and accessories will be available when the kit is hardest or most expensive to find."

Rumor has it that there's a vast conspiracy between eBay and all the various model and aftermarket companies involving this rule, but no conclusive evidence has been found :whistle:

Ken

You know, my original posting that started all this off (fiery and chiding as it may have been – sorry but just my style at times, if none of you have smartened up to that fact yet), was pretty simple and just stated my opinion and INDIRECTLY paid you 1/48 guys a compliment (who are lucky enough to have Impact Decals coming to the plate for you on this one). Didn’t really need any other commentary from anyone in response, other than Kevin Taylor maybe being a classy enough guy and telling Johnopfor and myself that he might “consider†the same sheet in 1/72 or are least “look into it†for future possibility.

I can only apologize that I feel so passionately about this particular subject…. (reference my previous postings about this very topic at these two locations)

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....amp;hl=Haiphong

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....amp;hl=Haiphong

….and shake my head at the pathetic, condescending and intolerant commentary that was leveled my way (here and in another thread) just because of something I want so bad, I feel like I can literally taste it for the past 17-18 years running so far!

Don’t tell me any of the rest of you haven’t felt the same way about something before, yourselves!

….and shake my head at the pathetic, condescending and intolerant commentary that was leveled my way (here and in another thread) just because of something I want so bad, I feel like I can literally taste it for the past 17-18 years running so far!

But JC, that is exactly how you came off in your initial post yourself ... You were coming down hard on someones new company without even one iota of knowing whether or not they might be producing 1:72 scale products in the future ... If they do, Great, I like to build 1:72 scale myself and wish there were more products out there however, I'm not going mock and ridicule them or anyone else for producing what they see fit to what sells in THIER company ... If a company doesn't make products that don't fit my needs/wants I can only wish them well and hope they are a success for those that they cater to ...

Gregg