New Decal Company - Impact Decals

Hi all,

I have been waiting a very long time to be able to finally post this but here it is. I am very happy to announce the creation of Impact Decals! We finally got our website (which still needs a little tweeking) up and running. There you can find more information as to "who we are" and how Impact came to be.

I am very excited to show you a preview of our first sheet which is now available for pre-order.

48-001cover.jpg

I would like to thank you all for you inspiration. Especially those of you who are also aspiring to make this hobby more enjoyable by providing exceptional aftermarket goodies! We only hope that our products and services will meet the needs, wants, and expectations of all of our fellow modellers.

Kevin Taylor

www.impacthobbydecals.com

Like JC I've been waiting years for the 1972 Cruise scheme so I'll definitely be wanting one. While we're on the subject of neglected A-6 schemes could you consider VA-75 from during Desert Storm???

Stephen :mellow:

Looks really good...

I am doing the FOD covers for them. both soft and hard.

They sometimes had the number on the FOD covers.

Maybe you could add a small #for that as well. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Harold

You were coming down hard on someones new company without even one iota of knowing whether or not they might be producing 1:72 scale products in the future

I know, but anymore if it isn’t initially listed and released as a grouping of decals all at the same time 1/32-1/48-AND-1/72 (as some companies do)… say sayonara to any chance of ever seeing it in 1/72… good friggin luck really! Haven’t seen too many times where a sheet’s come out in a larger scale and then gets scaled down later. This one being by-passed just really felt like a kick in the gut! :D

I'm not going mock and ridicule them

Like I said, just the way I come across at times and for that I apologize. Also it wasn’t really directed at Impact specifically in this case as far as I’m concerned, but just blowing off frustration and making comment on the current climate of the industy and for that I apologize to Impact.

the post in the other thread wasn't intended to be condescending, your knowledge and enthusiasim for 1/72nd subjetcs is well known,

Thanks, appreciate it.

I do apologize for the poor word choice, I should have used something besides "obsessed" in hindsight a poor choice

That’s alright, “obsessed†wouldn’t normally bother me… I’ll admit to it!… as I’m proud of the scale. I’ve got a buddy that builds excellent stuff in 1/48 who tells me all the time that he wouldn’t attempt some stuff I’ve done in 1/72, so that kind of drives me in a way... more challenging to me.

it gets a little old when every time one of these companies announce a product they are immediately set upon because it isn't in a desired scale, (1/72nd) in most cases.

Here’s the deal… 1/72 scale releases of anything else (that isn’t a Bug, Cat, Eagle/Beagle, Viper) doesn’t bother me… at least it’s something other than those four (even if it’s still not something I don’t want)… but you gotta admit, lately, if something’s done in the scale by an American company… dollars to dimes, 9 times out of 10 it’s going to be one of those four and that’s already WAY-BEYOND gotten a “little old†itself! How much more frickin stuff can possibly be done for the teen-series?… seriously! Sorry for those of you that go ga-ga over it, but “over-kill†was reached long ago. I’m ready to see them all out of service so that the markings can’t seemingly change every half-hour anymore, creating one more variation that just has to be had! PLEASE! Newer aircraft (more-so than just the F-22/F-35) need to come on-line (like that’s going to happen soon) to have some more ‘variety’ since we’re obviously not getting it for the older stuff!

We’re at the mercy of American companies for U.S. stuff… because you sure don’t see the Foreign companies doing much in the way of U.S. stuff. So when all that’s being done is the most recent stuff and my primary focus area is not the most recent stuff… and older subjects are either now hard to find or have never even been done to begin with (this current subject material!)… how’s somebody like me supposed to feel, huh?!?! It sure isn’t frickin grand I assure you!

but calling those of us who build 1/48th names isn't neccesary, regardless if it was meant to be "fiery and chiding".

Sorry, wasn’t meant to be seen as calling anyone “namesâ€â€¦ and assuredly was said specifically in JEST, but was obviously not taken that way. And when I said you guys better be buying this one, it was a poke at some of the manufacturers here that have no compunction about complaining about stuff that “doesn’t sell!†Thus, being as jealous as I am about this one, I better not hear about it “not selling†later… because if it’s not good in 1/48, then we for darn sure probably won’t see it in 1/72 then. So all you 1/48 fans… BUY!… BUY!… BUY! :cheers:

I’ll leave you guys alone now.

Question....the first Bengals scheme.....was that from when they mined Haiphong Harbor? If yes, I think you have sold another sheet......very historic scheme there.

Yes... thus the reason I want it in 1/72 so bad! Did you not read the links I posted up earlier?

I know I may be throwing fuel on the fire....

Yeah. Bye for now.

Edited by J.C. Bahr
Eventually, if I live long enough, I expect to sell out of them, and we will.

And once they're marked as 'sold out' people will be begging for them and we'll see them selling for big bucks on ebay. :salute:

I'm a die-hard 1/72 guy too and can understand J.C.'s frustrations, but I've also tried to put myself in your guys' shoes. My solution to the problem would be to get myself an ALPS printer or similar, BUY the desired available decals in 1/48, scale them to 1/72 and print a copy for my use ONLY. I have the financial means to go after an ALPS 5000, but with it being long OOP, I gotta wonder how long I'd be able to buy the refill cartridges (or whatever they are) for them. I don't think there's any similar printers currently in production.

Ramblings aside, I do wish Impact Decals (and all you other guys doing this) much success!

- Patrick

It'd be like if you went down to Tim Horton's every day and threw a fit because they make really excellent apple fritters instead of maple sticky buns.

Snicker, snicker.

Scott said sticky buns.

Tee-hee.