Beautiful Connie Wildcat. Last year I saw a tv show where Quantus restored a Connie and flew her from the States all the way to Australia! A truly great airplane. <_<

The Connie is a beautifull aircraft and you've certainly done her justice. Very, very nice work!! I would love to build one. You mentioned filler so there must be some fit issues. Can you expound??

regards Jerry

Very nice model you got here, Wildcat!

What did you use for illuminators? Plastic parts from kit? Or clearfix?

Could you plese explain "troubled areas" of kit?

Thanks!

Very nice model you got here, Wildcat!

What did you use for illuminators? Plastic parts from kit? Or clearfix?

Could you plese explain "troubled areas" of kit?

Thanks!

I assume "iluminators" means "windows". I used Testors clear window glue for these. The cockpit is a clear section that I masked with Scotch magic tape.

All of the seams need work. I sanded both fuselage halves on a large flat piece of sandpaper (which destroys the locating pins) to get them to mate better. The wing leading edges have very poor seams and needed quite a bit of filling.

It looks a far sight better than the Hobbycraft kit! I've got the hobbycraft kit 90% done on my modeling table, and the props aren't centered, the engines aren't so great, etc etc, but this, THIS looks sweet!

Very nicely done.

To answer the question: I've seen photos of the sprues, and the kit comes with clear parts. I believe you can paint over them if you wish, but they're there as clear just in case.

• 3 weeks later...