"Russian" 5th Gen Fighter Design

Came across these pics when doing some random surfing.. Sorry if it has been posted before. And the pics are quite old too, published in 2005.. But i think they make interesting pics for comparison purposes.. :thumbsup:

(But am i allowed to post these pics?? Pls let me know if i'm not.. I'll just link them. No intention of breaking any copyright laws..)

russian5gjet5.jpg

russian5gjet4.jpg

russian5gjet.jpg

russian5gjet3.jpg

russian5gjet2.jpg

Wow.. The artist must have been a fan of the F-22..

This has been already posted some time ago.

But the fighter looks like F-22, its a remix of F-22 and MiG-1.44 :thumbsup:

But im almost sure this would not be built...

russian5gjet5.jpg

Wow.. The artist must have been a fan of the F-22..

Looks more like the YF-22 to me...

yf-22-01_300.jpg

However, I seriously doubt this will be the design of the 5th generation Russian fighter.

Well, if we are going to discuss the PAK FA possible appearances in depth (and as mature adults) let me dump few renditions of other possibilities. Note that neither of the posted images represent the true shape of PAK Fa (I-21). Although the blue splinter-camo one is the most realistic according to Saturn.

uttyuyt.jpg

T-50-New.jpg

T-50_.jpg

PAKFA9.jpg

PAK-FAgry.jpg

PAKFA4.jpg

PAKFA3.jpg

jghj.jpg

itog.jpg

1174639381_5gen.jpg

Enjoy and play nice

Z.S.

T-50-New.jpg

I'd like this one, please! :D Especially the top view looks cool!

What strikes me as odd is the some of the designs apparently let go of the idea of all-round visibility. Is this the old "BVR only"-mindset at work again?

Is this the old "BVR only"-mindset at work again?

Maybe. Someone in the RAF thought it would be a good idea to remove the cannon from the Typhoon until it was realized it would be more trouble than it was worth.

Su-47 and F-22 had se*? :unsure:

PS. The text in 3rd pic says:

"PAKFA Su-50K carrier based fighter"

And the next one:

"PAKFA T-50 Land based"

<_<

Edited by Su-34
Su-47 and F-22 had se*? :D

:thumbsup:

And that's actually what p!§$3§ me off about some of these "designs". They're so obviusly F-22-related it hurts! Especially those at the start of the thread. As if the Russians are only capable of copying Western stuff. And this mindset riles me no end! :thumbsup: The Russians have come up with too many great designs on their own to be accused over and over again of being copycats and incapable of developing something themselves. This copycat behaviour may have been the case during Soviet times in some cases, but those times are gone.

I'm sorry for maybe wrecking this thread, but, well, this really gets me.

Its not about Western mindset (whatever that is), its about certain laws of physics. To achieve stealth you must have trapezoid shaped surfaces, weapons must be inside, gold-plated bubble canopy and so on. It must have two engines and shielded air intakes. The problem isn’t Russians copying - the problem is Westerners accusing Russians of copying just because the plane has two wings and two engines. When your task is to develop a plane for SPECIFIC function - any designer free from dementia will arrive at similar results just because Russia and West are subject to same laws of physics. Grab a pencil and try to design a hand tool for effective digging that doesn’t look like a shovel! Most of the time Westerners cant imagine that Russians have designed something better - so they let loose with the accusation. Just try to see past that. I, for one, already got used to that.

<...> Just try to see past that. I, for one, already got used to that.

Yeah, Zmey, you're probably right and I will try to as well!

But at times I feel like I'm about to :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

EDIT: What is that? Looks cool! Sort of like a "Freestyle" with different intakes.

super-yak.jpg

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Its not about Western mindset (whatever that is), its about certain laws of physics. To achieve stealth you must have trapezoid shaped surfaces, weapons must be inside, gold-plated bubble canopy and so on. It must have two engines and shielded air intakes. The problem isn’t Russians copying - the problem is Westerners accusing Russians of copying just because the plane has two wings and two engines. When your task is to develop a plane for SPECIFIC function - any designer free from dementia will arrive at similar results just because Russia and West are subject to same laws of physics. Grab a pencil and try to design a hand tool for effective digging that doesn’t look like a shovel! Most of the time Westerners cant imagine that Russians have designed something better - so they let loose with the accusation. Just try to see past that. I, for one, already got used to that.

Yes, that's the usual fallacy. So often seen here.

Wasn't the yf 22 the prototype for the f22?

Yes, but the YF-22 design was updated and redesigned for the the production F-22. Amusing that those conceptual illustrations look not like a production machine, but a 17-year old prototype.

To achieve stealth...It must have two engines

It must have two? It can't have one? Or four?

Amusing that those conceptual illustrations look not like a production machine, but a 17-year old prototype.

But then again, they have probably nothing to do with the reality. They are conceptual illustrations - partly made to amuse.

Edited by janman