"Russian" 5th Gen Fighter Design

It must have two? It can't have one? Or four?

If you delete more of the context, my reply would make even less sense. *sigh* Number of engines has little to do with stealth, but for each engine there has to be at least one shileded intake.

I did not take your statement out of context.

Its not about Western mindset (whatever that is), its about certain laws of physics. To achieve stealth you must have trapezoid shaped surfaces, weapons must be inside, gold-plated bubble canopy and so on. It must have two engines and shielded air intakes. The problem isn’t Russians copying - the problem is Westerners accusing Russians of copying just because the plane has two wings and two engines. When your task is to develop a plane for SPECIFIC function - any designer free from dementia will arrive at similar results just because Russia and West are subject to same laws of physics. Grab a pencil and try to design a hand tool for effective digging that doesn’t look like a shovel! Most of the time Westerners cant imagine that Russians have designed something better - so they let loose with the accusation. Just try to see past that. I, for one, already got used to that.

So I'm guessing what you really meant to say was along the lines of "The engine(s) must have shielded intakes."?