1/48 beaufighter nf in pieces

After wondering if my beau would be legible as I had started it a while back, I look at it now and wonder why I'd taped it all together "To get the shape", but without doing any work on it.

For sure the engines are painted. I thought I'd at least sprayed inside the fuselage halfs, but no. Simply tamiya taped it together, and left it for 9 months.

Oh well, best get busy. I need to build something to stop me airbrushing the carpet.

:thumbsup: At least we're up and running

I did one of these kits for the BoB GB, converted back to a Mk IF. Great kit! Not sure how anal you want to be, but the panel lines are incorrect on the 2 gun wing. They are scribed just like they are on the 4 gun wing, giving the 2 gun wing a 4 gun access hatch.

Having said I'd do cunninghams beau, I realise I'd need to get the flat tail pieces for the 1f.

With sprog 1 on the way and having persuaded the other half to get the nf mossie I can't justify aftermarket parts.

Soooo, the beau will be the all black mk 6 that you can do oob and the mossie will be the mk 17 with the american radar (not that you can see it) This leaves me with the wing tanks for my pathfinder mossie for when build that in oh say 2098.

Keep it simple I say, and the tamiya kits are pretty fine oob.

I'm going to concentrate my efforts in painting the matt black parts and getting them looking good.

:thumbsup: Feeling fine, planning the campaign.

The flat stabs and the dihedral stabs were the same parts, just with the dihedral added. It would be pretty easy to cut the tabs off the stabs , sand the edges flat and attach them with no dihedral. If you wanted to do a Mk I that is.