Hasegawa F-2B 1/72

I built this kit for the JASDF Group Build and finished with a couple of days to spare. A 6 week TDY that I just finished last week made me wonder if I was going to make the deadline.

Here is my finished 1/72 F-2B with 50th Anniversary markings. The kit decals look nice but I did have some problems getting them to settle down. I'm really pleased with how the blue colors turned out. They are custom mixed from Tamiya paints using a mixture suggested by DrFester (Thank you DrFester). Let me know what you think. Onto the final pics:

F-2Bfinished1.jpg

F-2Bfinished8.jpg

F-2Bfinished2.jpg

F-2Bfinished5.jpg

F-2Bfinished3.jpg

Rodney

Very beautiful model! I have the same kit in 1/48 waiting in the stash, can you share with us how you mixed the paints please? Thank you.

Terry

Terry,

For the Dark Blue I used XF-8 with a little XF-17. For the Light Blue I used X-14 with a little XF-18 and a little XF-8.

HTH,

Rodney

Great looking build, and a nice addition to the JASDF for sure! I especially like how well you captured those difficult to replicate blue shades.

-Hoops

Terry,

For the Dark Blue I used XF-8 with a little XF-17. For the Light Blue I used X-14 with a little XF-18 and a little XF-8.

HTH,

Rodney

Congrats for your build Rodney, very nice model indeed.

And as I plan to start one in 1/72nd scale very soon and I really was wondering about the blues, I'll sure copy your recipe...

Thank you for the information and again great model...

Cheers

Eric B.

The kit goes together pretty good. It was a new mold and not based on their previous F-16 molds. It does have the basis Hasegawa standard cockpit though.

Thanks,

Rodney