Not only cause I'm optimistic I'll actually build 2 planes for this build (Plus 2 on the Marine build :D ) But that I can refrain from re-scribing this one. I really wanted to nine yard this one, but I've been saying that for 10 years. I'm trying to be realistic enough to know, it ain't never gonna happen! So I'm gonna try to do this as Monogram intended, raised panel lines and all!! :o OK the kit- I know it says Revell but I just picked it up at the shop since the one I have in the stash was started. On the instruction sheet, it does mention that the header verbage (plane history) was "Story reprinted from the 1974 Monogram kit #7546"

P-61.jpg

The all black contents (oughtta make painting fun :blink: )

P-61-2.jpg

Ahhh and the scheme(s).

P-61-4.jpg

P-61-3.jpg

I'm leaning toward one of the olive drab/grey ones in the ETO so I can add some spash of color with invasion stripes. But it almost seems a sacrilidge not to paint it all black :banana: . I've got even more P-61 decals than this. Hey, if you have an opinion, let me know. I'm a bit open on this one. But so far, I'm leaning towards "Borrowed Time" or "Lady Gen".

OK, time to paint a few cockpits!!! :doh:

Personally i love that deep night black scheme, looks awesome, and hey that noseart is delicious :cheers:

Hummmm, I assume you must mean Cooper's Snooper? I think most of the Widows had some awfully nice artwork. I also have the markings for Lady of the Dark. May be the markings will be a last minute thing!

<_<

OK did get the int green started. That's alot of green! MM Interior green to be exact. I'll throw in a couple of pics not so much to show the coloration, but the so nicely molded in detail. I'd forgotten how nice it really is. Oh, and the tailplane has molded on it "1974 China"

P-61-7.jpg

P-61-9.jpg

P-61-6.jpg

The wheel well detail is certainly as good as alot of the new mold kits of today.

P-61-8.jpg

OK work to do tomorrow.