Fujimi Westland Wasp Mk1

Special Hobby Hoverfly

and if i have time

Revell Westland Wessex HAS3

Revell Westland Whirlwind

Wayne

Edited by fatherdoogle

Hi,

I think I'm going to start my Hobbyboss CH-34A tomorrow, today I'm going to spray some paints on my Bf 109F-2 for the Eastern front GB. After that I'll starting modifying my choctaw :thumbsup:

Edited by Fiddler
I have been looking forward to this one. :blink:

i will be building all in 1:48 and Royal Navy

Fujimi Westland Wasp Mk1

Special Hobby Hoverfly

and if i have time

Revell Westland Wessex HAS3

Revell Westland Whirlwind

Wayne

Fatherdoogle,

Have you ever been to the Helicopter Museum down your way? Is it worth a visit?

Rich

PS "Drink,feck,girls" :cheers:

PPS Is there a GB banner available yet?

Edited by richuk

i would like to join with a 1/72 Hasegawa SH-60B. promised this kit for a friend to convert it with folded tail and rotors.

he commissioned this build for a scene in macross zero where there are 3 seahawks. the markings will be UN spacy. is this ok?

Fatherdoogle,

Have you ever been to the Helicopter Museum down your way? Is it worth a visit?

Rich

PS "Drink,feck,girls" :pray:

PPS Is there a GB banner available yet?

Rich,

Yes, i am a member of the North Somerset Modelling Society and we have our modelling meet there every month. Our club started as a branch off from the friends of the museum i think, a few members are still in both. I would say that it is a collection of helicopters more than a museum, but the collection is very good with a few very rare aircraft. It is quite small but value for money, and it is all indoors. If you are interested in helos then it is well worth a visit, if your not then i think you may be a bit disapointed. I have taken my 5 year old and my wife around there before and they got very bored after a while, but i took lots of reference photos and had a great time. I dont know where you are coming from but it may be worth while doing the helo museum one day and then popping across to the fleet air arm museum at Yeovilton the next, it is only 45 mins away.

Remember, these helicopters are small......those ones, are far away.

Wayne

:stupid:

p.s. how do you attach banners if there is indeed one ready?

Edited by fatherdoogle

i too have a fujimi wasp which i was going to do in Falklands campaign colours.

wayne, how much is it to get in there and are there many naval helos?

do they have a wasp there?

palacefan

Edited by palacefan
i would like to join with a 1/72 Hasegawa SH-60B. promised this kit for a friend to convert it with folded tail and rotors.

he commissioned this build for a scene in macross zero where there are 3 seahawks. the markings will be UN spacy. is this ok?

Good luck with this one! I am building the the same model myself, along with a SH-60J also from Hasegawa and same scale. I will build them OOB though, save for the Eduard PE set which I will add to the SH-60B. (Since I want to depict it with doors open.)

Will you post any progress pictures? I would love to see them!

wayne, how much is it to get in there and are there many naval helos?

do they have a wasp there?

palacefan

this link should answer all your questions.

http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/

Rich

Will you post any progress pictures? I would love to see them!

aemkaei, i will try to post some pic in a new seperate topic thread. just managed to fix the problem with our forum moderator that we couldn't post new topic in this gb.

this is exciting we got the same going and could learn from you on your build. cheers!

aemkaei, i will try to post some pic in a new seperate topic thread. just managed to fix the problem with our forum moderator that we couldn't post new topic in this gb.

this is exciting we got the same going and could learn from you on your build. cheers!

That sounds great!

As for my Seahawks, these will be the second and third models that I build after a 10 year intermission from the hobby. (The first model after my return was a rather crudely built hummvee.) With these I will try to reach as high a standard as possible. I have a lot to learn, including spray painting, but I look forward to doing so.

Cheers! / Kalle

If I can get my hands on a couple of 6 Blade tail rotors for a 1/72 Seaking I will be doing a couple of Airfix Sea Kings as a RAN Mk50s (one in an early operational scheme and the other in a Navy 75th Anniversary (1988)). I have the Hawkeye conversion to modify a Hasegawa SH-60 to a RAN S-70-B2 in GUlf War config.