Des Moines, IA IAP today

Well, I got sick of all this rain here in K.C. so I drove up north for a while today so I could get some viper action. I was pleased to catch the Utah transfers before they got their new paint, and I was disappointed that I wasn't able to get the old paint of the IA ANG with the viper heads, but oh well the new paint is cool too. I know they are not the best, but I hope you like them.

David J

DesMoines6-07026.jpg

DesMoines6-07035.jpg

DesMoines6-07065.jpg

DesMoines6-07070.jpg

DesMoines6-07073.jpg

DesMoines6-07077.jpg

DesMoines6-07074.jpg

DesMoines6-07079.jpg

I wish I had known you were going. I would have begged a ride and paid for some gas. Your right about being sick of the rain. This is the third straight day. YUCK! On the bright side, at least I don't have to water my grass.

BTW, PM coming your way.

The only picture I managed to get due to the fact I forgot the camera. The pictures came out awesome by the way Dave, if only I didn't have to ride with you the entire way it would have been a great day.

070630_101543.jpg

Edit: The show was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry small, but the lack of people (and traffic) was so much better than the normal airshows. The flybys were great, I was expecting one or maybe two passes, but they managed a lot more than that.

Edited by jetmanf14

Hello Djack,

Very nice selection of pictures from Des Moines!! Yes indeed great to see the "old" HI tails before they get repainted. I hope to see som of them in August when I go to Des Moines.

The earlier Cobra tails You were talking about has never been carried on their current Block-30 aircraft - only on their previously operated Block-42s.

Greetings,

Henrik.

Dave,

You should've posted you were going, I would've met you, I just walked in, 5 hour drive back. I know my pics won't be that great, I couldn't scam a good camera. Just my crappy 4mp point and shoot. I got really sinburned through those clouds....I'll see if any of my pics will be worth posting tomorrow.

Jeff

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

That Viper fin is just too cool! :lol:

And exactly how many "Big Beautiful Doll"'s are there? And is one of them the original?