F-15K super eagle

I saw a walk around of the F-15K at "prime portal" i didnt know that type of F-15.

Is it a strike eagle with GE engines instead of the PW, or there is more diferences?

As far as I know, the engines are the only major change, but there may be smaller changes that the ROKAF wanted. I'm also fairly interested in the subject (always thought the GE afterburner nozzles looked better anyway), so I'll see what I can dig up.

The F-15K is actually called the "Slam Eagle" not the Super Eagle, and there actually are a lot of differences from the F-15E, as already said, it has GE engines. Here are the other main differences:

the IP's for both the WSO and Pilot are slightly different,

the IRST (Infrared Search and Track),

added chaff/flare dispensers,

updated CFT pylons,

optional AESA radar,

JHMCS

and the Tiger Eye targeting pod in place of the LANTIRN/Lightning/Sniper pod.

Wolfpack Designs makes a conversion kit for the 1/48 Revell Strike Eagle kit, and it also includes Hobbydecal dry transfers. You can order it direct from Wolfpack, and also from Hobbydecal.com.

HTH

Aaron

Here is the link to the Wolfpack website:

www.wolfpack-d.com It is item 48001

and Hobbydecal:

http://www.hobbydecal.com/detail.cgi?number=wp48001

Edited by strikeeagle801

you'll also find some of the antennas are shaped differently. the IFF antennas are sharper and longer looking then the strike eagle. they are in front of the nose land gear and behind the cockpit on top. also the antennas on top of the vertical stabilizer are same sized similar to the F-15I.