i found a 1/32 kit of the grippen but i am looking for good walkarounds to corect the revell kit.

If you have good internet sites i am interested. :bandhead2:

Thanks for your help.

I saw this kit few years ago at a hooby shop in paris, but at this time i was not interested by that plane.

Since, it as been bought by hungary, south african af and chezk af.

I tried to find the kit but i was told that revell did a very small units mostly for people of the saab company.

After some search i found a guy in Nice (france) that sold me one for 58euro.

It's a good kit, same period as the revell fulcrum.

If you use a ge 404 from academy hornet and a scratch cokpit and homemade decals it can do a very

good and unusual model.

Thanks for your answers :blink:

Hello,

I have some comments on the 1:32 Gripen kit. When it was released about 15 years ago it was commonly available in hobby shops here in Sweden, so it was not only for people working att Saab. There are other models of the Gripen though that I have seen only at the Saab shop at the factory in Linköping, a prepanted model in 1:48 (probably in resin), one in 1:72 (no longer available) and one prepainted plastic model in 1:144 made by Revell (standing in front of me right now on the top of my computor screen :) ).

I built the Revell 1:32 kit for the Swedish Air Force Museum some ten years ago. The kit is fairly easy to build, but regarding accuracy it has a lot to ask for. The fuselage is about 10% to short, the shape of the wings and canards are wrong, the shape of the nose is wrong, the nose wheel is about 2 cm to far forward. The list could be made longer but these are the most obvious errors. The decals are good, but only include markings of a prototype machine.

I would say build it straight from the box as it is, then buy the Italeri kit of the Gripen in 1:48 or 1:72 if you want a more accurate Gripen model. TwoBobs are just releasing new decals in 1:72 and 1:48 including some interesting markings...

/Johan C, working at Saab with development of this beautiful aircraft...