All,

This is my Frog 219. I think it is older than I am. Someone has started the build by gluing wings together and cowls to wings. Is this OK for entry? I can see a lot of work needs to be done, regardless.

I have etch and colours on order and I think a lot of work needs doing to the 'pit'. Also, IIUC, it may need some scribing as the aileron lines were a bit suspect compared to the drawings I have. However it has separate rudders, elevators and indeed ailerons so potentially this can be made to harmonise while the cutting is happening. Also - first look only - the canopy which while pretty wrong for an A-series machine seems OK for the prototypes.

What I want to do with it (if time permits) is to perform a sympathetic build on this bit of history and have some fun doing so. OK, registered, I now proposed to Open the Bags :cheers:

Happy Modelling!

DSCN1768.jpg

• 5 months later...
The 219 is such a lovely plane. Looking forward to it :)

Ivan

Er..sorry..took on two much with the infernal 262. Can I get a seat reserved in the Hall of Shame or suitable title as I haven't gone near this in 7 months and (short of my getting time travel or a paint oven) therefore will not complete this in time for the GB deadline?

Humble pie is being eaten.