What does registration get you?

Hi, all.

This is my first nats (I just joined IPMS a few monhs ago). I'm curious as to what registration gets you. I'm assuming you must register to attend a seminar, and maybe to visit the vendor room. Anything else? I'm really not interested in attending the banquet.

Thanks for the info.

Stacey

The entry fee gets you a Convention packet,which will include info/schedual about the convention, a convention pin, a special issue decal sheet and usually a bunch of flyers for various model related products. You also will have access to the model display room, vendors room, and the Dragon EXPO room. If you plan to enter any models that is coverered too. You can also sign up for some tours at additional cost. You will be amazed at what you will see , this being your first Nats. Just go and have fun, meet and greet a lot of great modelers, see some of the best models on the planet. See you there! Don M.

Stacey,

The banquet is an additional cost. Besides the foods, the awards are presented during it and it varies, usually on how well the media functions.

The tours are definitely worth the additional costs.

The seminars are free and usually you just walk into the ones you want to see. Also, several forums have meet n great activities either scheduled or done impromptu. Great chance to put faces to names.

Also, bring extra $$$ for the vendors area. Pretty much anything you are looking for will probably be there and a lot of stuff you didn't know you need. Phoenix (last one I attended) had a set up so you could mail your purchases home if you didn't have room to carry them back (extremely helpful for those who fly in).

Hope to see you there.

How do i go about purchasing an admission packet or wahtever. Im a non IPMS person

You have to be an IPMS member to enter the contest, I think that is what the packet is for. Maybe someone here has a better explanation.

Mark

You have to be an IPMS member to enter the contest, I think that is what the packet is for. Maybe someone here has a better explanation.

Mark

I see, i just want the packet, im g0, i dont build models. So i have no plans to enter anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any way to get the decal sheet w/o joining IPMS? as i have no use for IPMS really.

There may be some available after the convention, but no guarantees. You can try posting here afterwards as well, there may be people who atten/register who do not want theirs.

Steve

So i cant buy one when i enter? Btw if i signed up for IPMS, how much is it for the package and admissions?

I think it's $40 for registration plus $25 to join IPMS, and $100 to keep me from grabbing the model kits/accessories that you want in the vendor room gO. I've sent my reg. already but still debating to go to the banquet for another $50(?) bucks...

Probably after the Nats is over, you might be able to buy leftover sheets as I recall in the past 2004, 2005, and 2006 Nats I've seen them for sale online.

See ya there dude. I'm hoping to bring an F-4J to the showroom tables!