1/48 Eduard Mirage 2000N is hitting stores soon...

In the box is the original Heller kit plus a nice PE set, a nice looking decal sheet as well as some resin. Man, I cannot wait to get my hands on this baby! Price will probably be through the roof though. Oh well, looks like a good investment to me! :woot.gif:

Mirage 2000N

The decals and the PE parts are really looking great. But as I assumed it is only the N-version. For the D you need some changes to the spine and also to the cockpit. Hopfully the aftermarket guys are listening and producing a conversion set like florent67 did a while ago. Is he still alive? Florent, if you read this, please sell me your Mirage 2000D cockpit, intakes and spine!!!!!!!

Aahh... I ordered three Eduard kits, who knows for how long they hit the streets.

Cheers

Jost

Thanks for posting the link - I was quite enthusiastic about it when I heard the news, but I must say I am disappointed. I have several Heller Mirage 2000s in the collection, and the exhaust nozzle on all but one has a sink mark around the circumference of the exhaust. An Aires quality exhaust nozzle would have been a wet dream solution for this problem, or at least Eduard to give us a photoetched replacement. Wheelwells in the kit are very bare, and again Aires wheelwells would have made this area a real showpiece. Instead they supply scissor links...woohoo. Fair enough, Eduard supply photoetch for the cockpit, but this makes fora detailed instrument panel and side consoles as well as seats, but do nothing to improve the rest of the cockpit. My guess is that the photoetch will be available on it's own later and the same goes for the ejection seats, so I will be surviving on the kits I already have rather than going out to get one of these.

Jens

Jens,

There is a company in France producing excellent stuff for the Mirage 2000 including nozzles. Their name is RFlight and they have taken over the molds from Fabflight. I ordered a lot and the items fit very well.

Here is the link to the product list: www.renaissance-models.com/gamme_Rflight.htm

Maybe this helps.

Cheers

Jost

I agree with Jens. I also had high hopes for more resin stuff and some exterior updates, and am disappointed that all you get is a couple of seats and some color cockpit PE. I was hoping for a lot more like an Aires wheel well and exhaust, and some weapons.

Edited by Dave Williams

(Not posted here for ages...)

Yep, also agreed. Very dull and I doubt I'll get any of these unless there is a huge amount of resin that escaped unpictured! The only item of any use is the PE sheet which I would buy separately if it was available. I was rather hoping for something like the MPM Gripen or Grand Phoenix Lightning.

I also agreed about the 2000D; quite an odd choice of markings without including the correct plastic/resin.

Cheers,

Ed

I'd be very surprised of the photoetch will not be available on it's own later. Look at Eduard's releases - first individual items, and when the sales are trailing off, they release the Big Ed. The decals probably won't be, but I already have the Carpena decals for the desert camouflaged 2000N, and I believe the stripe behind the boar's head should be red on one side and blue on the other - like Heller's decals in the Jaguar A kit (which I was intending to use on a 2000D one day).

I really do hope there is a larger amount of resin that has escaped the camera, but for the price, I don't think so... Knowing that Eduard can do far better, this is rather disappointing.

Jens

I believe the stripe behind the boar's head should be red on one side and blue on the other - like Heller's decals in the Jaguar A kit (which I was intending to use on a 2000D one day).

Jens,

The escadrille badge varies from jet to jet- some have one red and one blue, sometimes two of the same colour (and what I assume is the CO's jet with three stripes behind the boar's head). See below:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1194660/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1201455/L/

Ta,

Ed

Guys

I wish it was like the Best Choice Gripen but....for $31.00 and a pile of aftermarket sure to follow...I am not complaining too much. You still get some PE and some resin to get you started. maybe I should start a little resin business and make some upgrades for it??

To heck with the MPM Gripen or Grand Phoenix kits, I was hoping for an equivalent to Eduard's re-release of the Airfix Spitfire, with all its resin doo-dads.

As-is? Yeah, disappointing. A bunch of obvious details that go un detailed, a bunch of notable inaccuracies that remain inaccurate. Doesn't even seem like much of a bargain anymore. Nice to see the kit available again, but that's about it. Bleh. :wub:

And I kinda doubt it will start a flood of aftermarket items. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but it just doesn't seem like the kind of release that will kick things off.

To heck with the MPM Gripen or Grand Phoenix kits, I was hoping for an equivalent to Eduard's re-release of the Airfix Spitfire, with all its resin doo-dads.

As-is? Yeah, disappointing. A bunch of obvious details that go un detailed, a bunch of notable inaccuracies that remain inaccurate. Doesn't even seem like much of a bargain anymore. Nice to see the kit available again, but that's about it. Bleh. :lol:

And I kinda doubt it will start a flood of aftermarket items. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but it just doesn't seem like the kind of release that will kick things off.

Its not like it is in your preferred scale of 1/72 anyway Mike!! :wub:

I am seriously thinking of doing some upgrades for the kit. Will it make me a millionaire or allow me to drive a diamond car?? Doubt it but, it may be a good start. :lol:

Agree on both counts Mike. I too was hoping that Eduard was repeating the formula from the Spitfire kit, and that Aires would then release the detail sets separately later on so I could spruce up the five or so Mirage 2000 kits I have. Doesn't look very likely now though. :banana:

Jens

At least we get a good base here. The Heller kit lacked a good cockpit and decals. Eduard took care of that and added their masks too. The only thing left to get is R-flight's resin bits if you really need to super detail. Other than that, you'll have a pretty decent kit. Hey, the price is right if you compare it to what this kit was fetching under the Heller name. :cheers: I think it is refreshing to see another non-us 1/48 jet come out.

Just my 2 cents...

At least we get a good base here. The Heller kit lacked a good cockpit and decals. Eduard took care of that and added their masks too. The only thing left to get is R-flight's resin bits if you really need to super detail. Other than that, you'll have a pretty decent kit. Hey, the price is right if you compare it to what this kit was fetching under the Heller name. :) I think it is refreshing to see another non-us 1/48 jet come out.

Just my 2 cents...

Exactly my point earlier JR!! I think we have the basis for a spectacular model here. Heck at least the shapes are right!! Imagine if Trumpeter got ahold of it!!!

Seriously I am thinking about doing resin upgrades. What would you like to see??

Exactly my point earlier JR!! I think we have the basis for a spectacular model here. Heck at least the shapes are right!! Imagine if Trumpeter got ahold of it!!!

Seriously I am thinking about doing resin upgrades. What would you like to see??

Dorsal Hump

Wheel wells

-5 Pit

Tail Pipe

-5 pylons for the MICA

Wheels

Control surfaces

Some of it addressed by R-Flight, but it is pricey in the US at least.

The biggest issues are the usual, Pits, Pipes, wheel Plumbing.

Seats are easy, there are several options already.

Control surfaces are very minor on the 2000, French Air wings also offers them.

Accuritizing bits for the "D" spine and any -5 upgrades have not been done at all.

PDL-CT/S designation pod

Edited by j-fever
Jens,

There is a company in France producing excellent stuff for the Mirage 2000 including nozzles. Their name is RFlight and they have taken over the molds from Fabflight. I ordered a lot and the items fit very well.

Here is the link to the product list: www.renaissance-models.com/gamme_Rflight.htm

Maybe this helps.

Cheers

Jost

Great link but is there an ordering mechanism? I couldn't find one on the website

Dorsal Hump

Wheel wells

-5 Pit

Tail Pipe

-5 pylons for the MICA

Wheels

Control surfaces

Some of it addressed by R-Flight, but it is pricey in the US at least.

The biggest issues are the usual, Pits, Pipes, wheel Plumbing.

Seats are easy, there are several options already.

Control surfaces are very minor on the 2000, French Air wings also offers them.

Accuritizing bits for the "D" spine and any -5 upgrades have not been done at all.

PDL-CT/S designation pod

Have any refs??? I will seriously look at doing them!!

Mike

Hi everyone,

Interesting reading and a very interesting subject. As I have never built an Edward product... how good are their products? Besides some of the complaints in this thread how is the basic fit and finish of their products? Do the kits go together really well and accurately or do they need massive amounts of putty and scribing to make right?

Thanks.

-Greg