Well I got started on the 262 and I can't figure out why I haven't built in so many years, I'm havin fun. I can say that I'm pretty rusty.

Here is the cockpit

2007_0630_051237AA.jpg

Here is the front machine gun bay

2007_0630_122553AA.jpg

Had alot of free time so I have been plowing through the build

Primed and ready for paint

2007_0703_085303AA.jpg

Edited by oldeagle

No rustier than me. ;)

Looks good so far!

I was tempted to do a Me262 for this GB but decided to hold off on that. I wanna make the Mono 262 my first attempt at rescribing as it looks like it might be rescribe-friendly. :)

You are ahead of me on my build, must get crackin' :(

David

oldeagle,

Looks real good so far but I think you may run into a difficult challenge ahead.

You have laid down your preshading with a brush and this may cause some problems when you try and soften the effect with your top coats. This is because your preshading has a hard edge. Usually, preshading is done with an airbrush so that its edges can gradually be blended to give that shadow effect.

Just pointing this out in case you run into trouble so you will be able to contend with it.

For more, visit this thread. Another modeler experienced problems when using paintbrush-applied preshading.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=123616

A better method if you don't have an airbrush that can spray fine lines may be to apply post-shading with an oil wash after your top coat is down. I have seen many great builds on here by modelers who use this technique. Whats more, you have a lot of control when using the post-shading method. In fact, you can go one step further and use pastels for post-shading and achieved absolute control: if you don't like it, just wash and repeat.

Hope this helps. ;)

God bless,

David

Got to love a Me262!

Looking excellent so far.

I do like this kit as was the first 1:48 kit I ever built and was given to me by my Nana. Fun days and great memories.

:cheers:

MikeJ