• 2 weeks later...

third repaint's the charm ..

picture193qk1.jpg

my second repaint of the gunship gray was too dark; so I've sprayed it a third time with a lighter tone. The thing is, I had decals off so I'm cleaning paint off the decals I needed to keep. I'm also trying something new for me with the weathering.

Edited by Benner
Is it just me or do I see Humbrol masking canopies liquid on your plane?

correct ! ... I hate masking tape :cheers:

looks good! what technique did you use to get the darkened effect on the ailerons?

the darkened effect is the second coat of gunship grey that I applied but decided it was too dark. For that, I had sprayed Tamiya XF-24. I had intended to keep that color, so I sprayed Future and started applying decals. Then I changed my mind, really didn't want to strip the paint. so I sprayed Model Master enamel Gunship Grey. So, the darker areas are where I've taken a fine brush with some enamel thinner, and wiped away the Model Master paint ... therefore, revealing the darker tone Tamiya paint.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm calling it quits with this build, I've got a few more things to do: add another figure, add the rear view mirror, etc .. but I'm leaving them for later (being I don't have the parts for them at the moment).

phantom3.jpg

phantom2-1.jpg

phantom1-1.jpg

Edited by Benner