52FW F-16CJs - full CCIP package

I read somewhere that the CJs at SPANG are using the full blown Sniper/HTS package and here's the first picture I seen of some of them. Here's a picture as they are leaving for Nellis. Notice the travel pod for the 52FW .. anyone know if that is actually the CC or another commander?

070611-F-0822K-175.jpg

I have a bunch of pix of them back in April carrying L side HTS and LITENING on the R side cheek....neat loadout. To a markings guy, even cooler is the new blue crew names in the 23rd.

I can't read the travel pod, but it looks like the 22nd COs.

Can we get to see one or two of these pix?

Tom

I can't read the travel pod, but it looks like the 22nd COs.

You are correct. That is the same pod he had when he came through here last year.

Jake

ya thats " stinger 1"'s travel pod. we call hawk one's pod the blueberry. cuz its obviously all blue

52nd FW currently is introducing the HTS R(evision) 7 enhancement to their jets. They now carry the HTS on the right and Litening (may be Snipoer later) on the left intake hardpoint.

Cheers

Christian

52nd FW currently is introducing the HTS R(evision) 7 enhancement to their jets. They now carry the HTS on the right and Litening (may be Snipoer later) on the left intake hardpoint.

Cheers

Christian

Yep. the photo above shows that loadout. R7 is a change to the actual HTS pod, introducing a few improvements. The pod is physically different in appearance, as well.

Jake

Cheers

Christian

Actually its a left side HTS and the targeting pod on the right side.

yes our jets here are gettin the hts on the left hardpoint(most of them have it) it sucks with it on the left. im not used to it there, everytime i go in the wheel well and come out i smash my head :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I need your opinion.Since I want to modell the COs plane, I am debatting wether the fin is partially gunship grey (which would add a nice touch to the model) or if this is just a shadow?

Oh yeah Scott, it would be great if you could add the decals for the travelling pod in your upcoming Spang-sheet!

I am debatting wether the fin is partially gunship grey (which would add a nice touch to the model) or if this is just a shadow?

Shadow.

Jake

• 4 weeks later...
.Since I want to modell the COs plane, I am debatting wether the fin is partially gunship grey (which would add a nice touch to the model) or if this is just a shadow?

It's certainly a shadow.

I've got pics of this bird from Spang's Open Day 2006 (July 1st) - no dark grey .

It still had the HTS on the right side then, BTW.