Alaskan Fever !!! 354FW Wing King F-16CG

I was already in the process of building a F-16CG.... I was debating about what markings to put the darn thing in and decided it will be Eielson's Wing King bird. AB's decals came in the mail today and got quickly put on. Now the question I need to ask is has anyone seen Eielson's jet with LITENING or SNIPER pods? I seen the pilots wearing the JMCS helmets but I have yet to see a jet other then LANTIRN. I've checked the DOD website and also F-16.net I have a Sniper pod ready to go on this bird. Otherwise it will be going on the Kunsan Aggressor camo'd Block 30 F-16D thats also in progress!

11796800_1024.ts1183757756000.jpg

Hey that looks SWEET!

I've never seen a 354th jet with anything but LANTIRN, but they do wear the JHMCS helmet and their jets are CCIP.

Hey Scott.. again decals went on excellant...guess LANTIRN will have to do for this round - will have to save the SNIPER for something else -

I seen the pilots wearing the JMCS helmets but I have yet to see a jet other then LANTIRN.

Targeting pods and JHMCS are two separate, independant systems. The presence of JHMCS helmet and its associated sensor only signify that that jet has undergone CCIP. Jets don't need CCIP to carry any specific targeting pod. Block 30 ANG Vipers carrying LANTIRN or Sniper, for example.

Having said that, I've only seen the Alaskan jets with the LANTIRN. With their impending switch to an Aggressor role, I highly doubt you'll ever see anything else before the change is made.

PACAF has always been a favorite of mine. I'm glad you're doing them justice.

Jake

Edited by jmel

Well about 98% done - again still trying to master weathering... but overall it was a fun fast one to build... decided to use up one of the handful of LANTIRNs I have - but definately a SNIPER will be used in the next F-16.

11853636_1024.ts1183950794000.jpg

11853680_1024.ts1183950867000.jpg

• 4 weeks later...