VF-32 Fitter killer BUNO and A/C numbers

My only question :

When or who will release a decal sheet which gives us a correct all 5 killers ?

I think it's a little hard someone do them all together, since at 1/48 there are a few decals around:

Su killers - Detail & scale sheet 0348 (with kill marks)

Mig killers - Repliscale 5024 (without kill marks)

Mi killer - Superscale 48-655 (with kill marks)

But i'm gathering all the info i can get my hands on, so i can figure out if they're correct or not, and in last case, just made a custom ones....

For the Mig killers i'll surelly have to do the kill marks, that is, if they ever had them painted in real....

*cough*1/72nd please*cough* ;)

Cheers,

Andre

The Su killers had already done, i recon see a Detail&Scale sheet... Check here....

Edited by F14 fan

The Su killers had already done, i recon see a Detail&Scale sheet... Check here....

These are very old and long OOP, and would not be up to today's standards. So a current sheet would be very welcome.

Likewise, Almark did VF-32's 207 a long time ago, but their accuracy also is reportedly quote suspect.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

These are very old and long OOP, and would not be up to today's standards. So a current sheet would be very welcome.

Likewise, Almark did VF-32's 207 a long time ago, but their accuracy also is reportedly quote suspect.

Cheers,

Andre

Well, the Detail & Scale ones tend to pop in Ebay from times to times....

Anyway, if someone decides to do the 5 Tomcat killers in 1/48, i'll surelly buy them, right away....

Or if someone decides to do them homebuild....

I'll offer all the info i got until now to help with, if it matters....

The Almark sheet also doesn't have kill marks:

2617-deckel.jpg

Is it possible that the VF-32 Tomcats didn't carry kill marks???

Edited by F14 fan

Is it possible that the VF-32 Tomcats didn't carry kill marks???

Perhaps not on the 1988/89 cruise, which is what the Almark sheet depicts.

Weren't all those fancy F-14 mission markings on Operation Enduring / Iraqi Freedom only applied after leaving the combat area, for instance..?

Cheers,

Andre

Weren't all those fancy F-14 mission markings on Operation Enduring / Iraqi Freedom only applied after leaving the combat area, for instance..?

Well, i sincerelly don't know....

The only info i'm gathering is what i can get from the internet, since that on this side of the atlantic, books or pics regarding such issues are a litle bit harder to find, so i'm compiling what i can get my hands on.....

Cheers,

Andre

Nope. Mission markers were applied as missions were completed. For example, VF-103's Victory 110 during the final tomcat cruise dropped a total of 3 GBU-12's. I've got pics of this particular jet with 2 mission markers painted on, and before they left the NAG, the 3rd was added on.

As for the VF-32 Mig Killers, Gypsy 207 had a small green Lybian flag painted just under the canopy rail. I've seen pics of this in an old magazine, but I can't recall which one.

Edited by VFA-103guy

As for the VF-32 Mig Killers, Gypsy 207 had a small green Lybian flag painted just under the canopy rail. I've seen pics of this in an old magazine, but I can't recall which one.

Well, it would be great to see those pics....

Well, it would be great to see those pics....

It would have been possible if my dad hadn't thrown out all my tomcat books when I was 14. We had just moved into a new house at the time, and I guess he thought the box with my books was garbage.

It would have been possible if my dad hadn't thrown out all my tomcat books when I was 14. We had just moved into a new house at the time, and I guess he thought the box with my books was garbage.

Though luck.... :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

Can't you even recall the book name???? :tumble:

• 3 months later...

I've been asked by a few people about pics of the CO's bird that I photographed in May 1990 during Fleet Week, so I figured I'd post them here. Fightertown has had them for a while now. Here's what I've got. I do have a few other shots, but haven't been able to find them.

BuNo.jpg

cockpitprofile.jpg

killmarkings.jpg

modex.jpg

strake.jpg

For those of you who were too young to see this on the Nightly News.

Curt

Cannot access Youtube from a none free country... :doh:

Is there any other way for we watching this please? :o

Cheers,

Yufei

It looks like its supposed to be a Silver Star Medal. Does anyone have any idea why this bird is wearing it?

Here's a couple shots I took of her back in April when I stopped by Udvar Hazy.

P9200033.jpg

P9200034.jpg

P9200030.jpg

The reason for the nose art was because this jet served as a hangar queen for spare parts when assigned to VF-31 for Iraqi Freedom. The jet was given a "medal" for graciously donating her parts to the remainder of the squadron for the deployment.

Regards, Ian

All,

The names which appeared on Gypsie 202 and Gypsie 207 at time of trigger pull had always been a mystery to me... until I met Spanky. Spanky's jet was Gypsie 207. His RIO Turbo had his name on the back rail. Spanky was on Alert 5 when the engagement took place and he and his wingman took their place after the shhot down. He listened to it while buttoning up and taxiing for the cat shot. Quaddafi's boys had enough that day and he spent over an hour wasting natural resources before coming back aboard Big John.

They carried 4 x AIM-7s and 2 x AIM-9s that day... Sparrow and Heater on the wing glove pylons and 2 x Sparrows in the forward wells. Spanky confirmed what I saw in the JFK Chaplins pictures during the cruise. Chaplin Dave was my neighbor in Okinawa and showed me the Swordsmen aircraft on the deck. One picture was date stamped the day before the shoot down.

Mark