Thanks for the encouragement guy's. ;)

I got on a bit of a roll yesterday. I got the topside masked and sprayed the green on. I used a combination of paper mask's cut to shape, blue tack, and painters tape.

AV-8A_23.jpg

However when I pulled up the mask(blue tack) from over the windscreen I pulled it off. :doh:

AV-8A_22.jpg

I glued it back on, but there is a fine crack that will need to be touched up. Other than that it all went fairly smoothly. Now on to a gloss coat and decals.

Semper Fi,

:bandhead2:

The decals are going on slowly. I was wondering how these decals would react once I put them in water considering their age, however they worked just great. Just a few stencils left to apply and the decaling will be done.

AV-8A_24.jpg

Next up the wing pylons and ordinance.

Semper Fi,

:cheers:

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen, It's much appreciated. :doh:

Well this project is done! :D

AV-8A_6-1.jpg

I will post the rest of the pictures of the finished model when I get home this evening.

Semper Fi,

:coolio:

Thanks Dan! :)

It may be an old kit but it builds up quite nicely. Next up is a AV-8B. Not sure if I'm going to build my Monogram kit with a BB pit or suck it up and tackle one of my Hasegawa ones. I have to say I've been enjoying building some of my older Monogram stuff lately.

You sure have been a great host for this group build. :coolio:..... It's been a pleasure building with you.

Semper Fi,

:salute:

Here is the finished product.

AV-8A VMA-542 "FlyingTigers", 1973

AV-8A_1-1.jpg

AV-8A_2-1.jpg

AV-8A_3-1.jpg

AV-8A_4-1.jpg

AV-8A_5-1.jpg

It sure took me long enough to get this one done, but I'm happy with the result. One day I'll add a VMF(N)542 F6F-5N and a F7F-3N to the display case to go with this one.

Semper Fi,

;)

AV-8A_5-1.jpg

It sure took me long enough to get this one done, but I'm happy with the result. One day I'll add a VMF(N)542 F6F-5N and a F7F-3N to the display case to go with this one.

Semper Fi,

:blink:

you'd better ;) i am waiting on a night hellcat myself! have the decals from owl and the conversion kit as well. one day. the pbj is on the burner and i still have the harrier to finish and the bronco(as soon as neil gets the wheel bays done). then maybe the hellcat or the SBC helldiver(bi-plane from classic airframe).

great build! love that old harrier. looks very formidable!

Dan

Thank you Gentlemen! It's been an honor to build with you. I just wish I hadn't gotten myself involved with so many other projects at once and had been able to focus on this GB a little more. ....OOOOORRAHHH!!... :unsure:

Semper Fi,

Mark