Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival - July 6-7. 2007

Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival - Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, July 6-7

Super Hornet East

Red Barron Squadron

US Army Golden Knights

Otto the Helicopter

Skip Steward

Dan Buchanan

Paul Stender - Speed for Hire

World Parabatic Swoop Team

All in all this was a great event for a "smaller" airshow. There were ALOT of statics (about 15) a good mix of warbirds and civilian stuff, and a T-6A Texan II, an AH-64 Apache from the MO Army National Guard, a TA-4J Skyhawk, and a C-130H from the MO ANG. There were no less than 3 DC-3's on display, and a beautifully restored Beech Staggerwing (since I work for Hawker Beech, it was nice seeing something from back in the "Beechcrafter" days).

The demo's all did a great job, the Golden Knights, Red Baron team, Otto, Skip Stewart, the jet truck........I know I'm forgetting one or two acts but they all did a top notch job and put on a great show.

I got to meet some fellow aviation photogs which was nice to hang out and "talk shop". I was fortunate enough to have an "assistant" this show, a 20 year old young man that I mentor. He was awesome and able to anticipate what lens I was going to need and when I was going to have to swap out cards....Allen, dude you were the man this weekend

The highlight of the show for me was the East Coast Rhino demo. I had the awesome privilege of being able to shoot them up close and personal for Saturday's show, and had an absolute blast. I was literally the kid in the candy store with the Rhino team, and I cannot say enough good things about these folks, they were AWESOME hosts.

A big thanks goes out to Bruce Loy with the Cape Girardeau airport who coordinated the show and for his assistance with my access to Friday's practice/media portion of the show.

Here's a few shots from the show. I've got so many images from the Rhino demo's I can't possibly wade through them all tonight, but stay tuned............

MO ANG AH-64 departing Saturday evening.

p658539680-4.jpg

CAF TBM Avenger

p622669042-4.jpg

p935119440-4.jpg

AD Skyraider

p686066878-4.jpg

North American Yale

p891431573-4.jpg

Beech Staggerwing

p1010088258-4.jpg

TA-4J Skyhawk

p952970854-4.jpg

MO ANG C-130H

p986656225-4.jpg

Self portrait in the Staggerwing spinner

p793877714-4.jpg

Edited by andyman_1970

I passed thru there a year back, saw that TA-4 on the ramp as I was headed up the interstate ( the wicket witch wouldnt let me stop for pics though :cheers: )

Ves :banana:

I passed thru there a year back, saw that TA-4 on the ramp as I was headed up the interstate ( the wicket witch wouldnt let me stop for pics though :cheers: )

Interesting, so that's not a bird that is in use by the Navy?

Thanks, I was fortunate to catch the Apache arriving on Friday, right after the Rhino demo. On Saturday evening they towed it out during the Rhino demo I was shooting so I was in a good spot to catch them departing.........truth be told I was probably a bit too close as they were taxing out.

Interesting, so that's not a bird that is in use by the Navy?

Nein, although I dont know what it's doing up there besides taking up ramp space. The Navy's been out of the Scooter business for a good while now (with the exception of VC-8, which retired their TA-4s recently).

Nein, although I dont know what it's doing up there besides taking up ramp space. The Navy's been out of the Scooter business for a good while now (with the exception of VC-8, which retired their TA-4s recently).

Ves B)

That's what I thought, the Scooters were replaced by the T-45. It's obviously being taken care of, hopefully someone is flying it.