Hello all, my progress continues to be slow, but some is better than none I suppose. Thanks to jrallman for the flap info, and thanks again to David for his always positive comments :thumbsup: . Anyway, I made a stencil for the red Guards arrow and painted that:

La-7paint039.jpg

And here are a couple of pics with some of the decals applied, to get a feel for how it's going to look. I am pretty happy with this choice, I like it more everytime I look at it. The postshading is basically done, it gets pretty washed out in the pictures my camera takes. I tried to stay on the subtle side (not an easy thing for me).

La-7paint051.jpg

La-7paint049.jpg

La-7paint.jpg

Next will be to paint the exhaust panels and cowl rings, and install the cowl/exhaust flaps. I am going to try Alclad laquers for the first time (I really hope I don't screw that up :) ), followed by the rest of the decals and then washes, drybrushing etc. Then I hope to get the gear finished and whatever else I forgot to do.

Thanks to all for looking, have a great day.

and thanks again to David for his always positive comments

Hello, I can not to writte any negative comments, because your La-7 looks great!!! But for today let me writte one negative note: In your pictures I noticed the red shade on the left side (between exhaust panel and arrow). I think it is little masking problem during the applying the red color, isn't it B)

I wish you good luck in work with alclad.

Best regards,

David

Hello all,

Thanks to the Mikester, David, jrallman, TF51GREGWISE, and Gregax for the positive comments. My hard drive gave up the ghost, so I have not been able to post an update. I've made progress, pretty close to done I suppose. I will try to post some pics as soon as I can.

By the way, does this GB finish at the beginning or the end of September?

Thanks all for looking, have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, just trying to get quick update in, life has DEFINITELY decided to get in the way of modeling. I took all of next week off from work, so I should be able to get some good workbench time in. Here are a few poor pictures of my progress right now. The exhaust panels are painted, the Alclad was great stuff. All the decals are finished, panel lines washed. Flaps in place, I think I got them open a bit too far but no big deal. Tuesday will be finishing day I hope, getting the canopy painted and adding the pitot, aerial wires, matte coat etc. Thanks for looking.

la-7paint012-1.jpg

la-7paint010-1.jpg

la-7paint013-1.jpg

Thanks to the Davids for the kind words. :banana: Aside from just a wee bit more weathering, I think this might finally be done. Here are a few not-so-good pics, I will post better final pics. Thanks for looking, have a great day.

la-7paint001-2.jpg

la-7paint002-2.jpg

la-7paint004-2.jpg

la-7paint005-1.jpg

• 4 years later...

OUTSTANDING build....Really GORGEOUS to look at.. :jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping:

....Just one question..Each time I have read this and followed it, I have

noticed a figure standing quietly in the back ground..

...Is that for a diorama for this build or is just there overseeing your good work.. :whistle:

STUNNING finish. :worship::worship::worship:

HOLMES