hi guys, been away from modelling a couple of years. when i logged onto this site for the first time in over 2 years the other day, i had several private messages about a "how to" article about this SBD-3. shortly after i posted the pics of this build, many wanted a "how to" article on the weathering. i did write one and sent as prompted by the template provided by ARC, but it never got published on the home page to my knowlege.

one of the private messages was dated 18 months after the pics of this build was posted, so i assumed my article never made it to the ARC home page. anyway, i decided to rewrite the article and send it again. this time i got a response from the kind fella that updates all the articles. he said that my article was accepted and would post on July 14th. however, this is on a weekend so it may not update until the 16th of July. sorry for the delay, i never thought i'd have to drop the hobby for this long of a period. i dropped off of ARC for a couple of years as well. that certainly wasn't planned, as much as i love drooling over the many pics of finished builds on this forum. SO many talented people to glean information from on here. thanks for allowing me to share guys. later.

Edited by saltydog

:lol: My first night back on ARC in about a month and I'm treated to this!!! >>> The article!!! <<<

That was me bugging (begging) you to tell us how you did it.

Do you have any close-ups or higher res pictures of it?

Great job Saltydog :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing and welcome back to modeling! :cheers:

Chris

thanks guys.

Zac, i was a little disappointed with the outcome of the pics too, the "splotchyness" doesn't really stand out like on the model. i have a kodak easyshare with 4.0 megs. i use pasm mode to customize the focus and all, but thats about the best i could do. sadly, the model didn't survive my last move, so all i have is the photos now. later.