Fighter Pilot: Red Flag

This may be old news to some of you but this week I checked out FP:Red Flag and its really cool!

Its an imax movie (which I regrettably missed seeing on an imax screen), but still looks great on dvd. Terrific reference for many twobobs decal sheets. If you like hogs, eagles, vipers, hornets, spectres, blackhawks, tornados, awacs, c-17's, etc, you'll love this! Especially seeing ALL of them flying at the same time. Six countries participating.

The film focused mainly on the US aircraft (esp eagles, vipers, hogs), My critique is that I would loved to have see more Tornado action and interviews with pilots from other countries. But since it was shot in imax ($$$) and probably meant for a general american audience, I'm sure the directors had to be somewhat focused with their content.

Still some great footage worth seeing and theres a 20 min montage of flying sequences, good stuff.

Aaron

I also got that movie for Christmas and it is pretty awesome. It has some great footage.

I also bought another movie at an airshow last October that was called American Fighter Pilot which follows 3 pilots who are training to fly the F-15C out at Tyndall. It is 3 DVD's, but was a very good movie.

Saw the Red Flag movie as well. Looked great. The F-15 pilot they follow through the movie, he is a C model driver, but the in-cockpit shots of him look like they were taken in the back seat of a Strike Eagle.

I thought the computer generated stuff was kinda hokey, but I guess it goes a long way towards explaining what is happening for those who are not into things as much as us. Overall, I liked it....needed more Canadian Hornets though!!!!

I also bought American fighter Pilot....great series I thought.

does anyone know the name of the discover channel movie that profiles the indian airforce with the great footage of thier su-30mkI and other russian jets?