1/48 Attic Global Hawk

People were asking about this so here it is. The ruler in the picture is 8" so you get an idea of how large this thing is. Very large resin castings, with virtually no bubbles, but not much surface detail either. No decals. No landing gear, and no instructions. Mine came with the wings badly warped, but they are pretty thin so I think it can be fixed. I got it off of ebay, and the seller's ID is simsoft. I'm pretty sure he's the main guy behind Attic models, and he usually has quite a few resin kits for sale at any given time. I got mine for $26, and I think that's a very reasonable price for a resin kit that's this big.

globalhawk.jpg

Edited by ravensfan6711

That thing is sweet. :D

So you are the guy that out bidded me when I was on vacation. I got home and had forgot about it... got on ebay and slapped my face. :doh:

I guess I'll have to get the next one. :cheers: It should look great with my 1/144th and 1/72nd scale Hawks. :D

So when are you going to start building this beauty? What scheme? Any thoughts on decals yet?

Edited by Midnight Storm

I'm thinking I'll have to put this thing on a stick since there's no way to put landing gear on it. As far as decals go, I think I should have enough in my spares box to cover it. When will it get built? I hoping sometime within the next 5 years! Are we supposed to actually build thses things?

Edited by ravensfan6711

Damn, I've never seen that kit before! Big, Big! Wish somebody would do a complete kit thought...no gear? :cheers: I'd build mine as the aircarft that just returned from the AOR, it had hundreds of mission marks on the left side.

Chappie

Edited by Chappie
Whenever I see the Global Hawk, Aliens (the Sigourney Weaver movie) comes to mind... ;) Must be the nose section...

you're not the only one who thinks that

Geoff good luck with the build whenever you get to it. I'd be nice to have a 1/48 kit of that myself, but I think the lack of landing gear maybe a deal breaker for me.