Great shots MM :yahoo:

Awesome pictures! Thank you much for posting! Were the Thunderbirds there this year?

SLICK

Yes, the Thunderbirds were there with their new owner - Delboy :)

Delboy (aka Sir David Jason) watching his new rides land, stood next to his old one.

Delboy_TBirds01.jpg

And Rodney (aka Maj. William Poteet) giving him the thumbs up after giving Number 4 a run around the block. :D

Delboy_Tbirds02.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Nigel Bunker,

I have to agree, i was very angry at having to queue in my car from 920am until 1330 before getting into the car park! And it took more than 90 minutes to get out at the end of the day! ;)

I, too, was disappointed with the stalls - the food was diabolically bad! Everything seemed very expensive (£37.50 addmission! Thats £150 for the four of us!!).

We took so long to get in that we missed the Thunderbirds (the main reason for attending!), the F117 and the B1. Im gutted about missing the TBirds as its very unlikely that they will return to the UK for many years.

Model Madness,

I was at Fairford on the Saturday and most of my pictures are (rather spookily!) almost exactly the same as yours! :D

Were you the guy with the step ladder by any chance?

No but i do recall a bunch of Germans/Dutch or Belgiums on step-ladders near the Tornados/F-5s with big %%% off zoom lenses shouting rudely at anyone in their path of sight!

Probably photographers for aviation mags, but what a bunch of tossers!

Nigel Bunker,

I have to agree, i was very angry at having to queue in my car from 920am until 1330 before getting into the car park! And it took more than 90 minutes to get out at the end of the day! :(

I, too, was disappointed with the stalls - the food was diabolically bad! Everything seemed very expensive (£37.50 addmission! Thats £150 for the four of us!!).

We took so long to get in that we missed the Thunderbirds (the main reason for attending!), the F117 and the B1. Im gutted about missing the TBirds as its very unlikely that they will return to the UK for many years.

Agreed on everything.

I happened to be on the 'Red Route' way...

Left at 7, there for 12 ish

The only decent bit about the whole wait (this is after missing out on the F18, F16, SU30, F117, F15E+P51, Tbirds and B1B takeoff) was that we happened to be just queing right at the start of the runway (the road in takes you RIGHT next to it) at the same time as the Tbirds were finishing off their display. I was hanging out the car and got told off by a traffic copper :cheers:

Apart from that, not a bad day...got a nice tan I spose..

From what i can see i think the number of the B1 is either 207 or 307. I've got picture of it aswell but it doesn't show the tail well. Great day anyway but we had to go before the RAF role demonstration <_< which was a disapointment because i really wanted to see it. By the way the "gulfstream" is actually a converted Bombadier Global Express with a radar systems on it. it is new into RAF service and we call it the Sentinal Airborne Stand-Off Radar (ASTOR) its role is similar to the Sentry's and they live at RAF Waddington

From what i can see i think the number of the B1 is either 207 or 307. I've got picture of it aswell but it doesn't show the tail well. Great day anyway but we had to go before the RAF role demonstration :D which was a disapointment because i really wanted to see it. By the way the "gulfstream" is actually a converted Bombadier Global Express with a radar systems on it. it is new into RAF service and we call it the Sentinal Airborne Stand-Off Radar (ASTOR) its role is similar to the Sentry's and they live at RAF Waddington

B-ones number is 86-107 'Dragon Slayer' from Dyess AFB.

I found it in this thread

Hans

Edited by jack52

I have to say that it didn't take very for me to get in at all. I left home at 7:15 am, drove the 40 miles there (using the Brown Route) and was on the airfield chewing on a bacon baguette by 10 am. Out of that, I was in the traffic queue for about 40 minutes. It is slightly cheaper if you buy your tickets in advance and you got through the queue to get onto the airfield itself a lot quicker. RIAT publish on their website the addresses from which you can buy your advance tickets in person.

I thought that all in all, it was an excellent airshow and day out. As for the price, although it is high, you can easily spend that on going to a football match (that's real football, not the girly stuff you play over in the States :D )

I have to say that I'm sorry to see some people didn't have a good day. But many years ago, I learnt that the trick for Fairford is to arrive early and leave late - I left at 8:15 pm and was back on the M4 within 30 minutes.

Jeff

Edited by My Dad's Little Boy

My Dads Little Boy,

I may have been critical of some of the facilities on offer on the day, but i thoroughly enjoyed my day out at Fairford - i'll be going next year with a camper van stocked with beer and burgers!! :D

Okay I went too on Saturday( I looked for you Model Madness..I was on the green route entrance but still spent almost an hour looking for you SORRY!) Anyway on to the showI enjoyed & FELLAS......I GOT TO SEE THE B-52 COCKPIT!!!! AND I got given a silver Medal/coin form one of the Fighter pilots of B-52 ( the 93RD BOMB SDRN)....It is now proudly in MY copin collection....and Oh yeah the MSGT and the Pilot of the C5- GALAXY allowed ME to go to the upper deck and SEE THE COCKPIT and sit in the Pilots seats!!!

Of course no one else got to go up into the Cockpit and when I came down the others sightseeres were froming a queue for nothing!!

I might not have the photos myslef but MY frined has them!!!!

p.s I felt so privileged and Honored to be allowed to see the two cockpits.... :D

:D

GRRRR!!!

I had to go on holiday, so i missed RIAT this year!

It was alright though. We had a fire, so the fire fighting planes and choppers gave a brilliant display (Skycranes are alot faster than i imagined. and Mi-26s are HUGE!)

Then, a couple of days later, we rented a boat, and as we were chugging along, i realised we were right under the landing path! and, a Greek C-130 came roaring over! i wished id have made RIAT, but i had a great time in RIAT.

Personally, I pay for the whole week as a member of Friends of RIAT, and camp on a camp site 2 minutes from the entrance gate. The whole package is actually good value when broken down.

The trick with RIAT, as ever, is to get there early in order to miss the inevitable traffic jams. The food at RIAT as with any airshow - and probably most major outdoor events in the UK - is extortionately priced garbage, so bring your own. I leave it in a coolbox in the car with a chair, and take a stroll back around 1-ish to sit and have a casual lunch while watching the flying which is easy to see from where I am parked in the adjacent field (another advantage of getting there early).

Meanwhile, here are a couple of pics from the eastern end P & V on Monday departures day.

DSCF9136.jpg

DSCF9204.jpg

DSCF9119.jpg