Well, everyone, I thought about what I wanted to do next after the P-40, so I did some extensive work on my ongoing 1/72 shuttle project (Revell Columbia). This weekend's weather was so good that I wanted to use my airbrush, but the shuttle is nowhere near ready for it. So I decided to do a quickie I'd registered in earlier threads....I am proceeding with the rival to the Flying Tigers P-40's...the Japanese Zero. And I'll have it next to the P-40 on my shelf when it's done.

Yesterday, I started off and now I've gotten a lot of painting done, next step is actual assembly. Hopefully this kit will be a quick build. More shuttle work is on tap...along with a Korean War Corsair (also the Monogram 1/48 F4U-4 in 80's era boxing).

DSCF0468.jpg

DSCF0470.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Madmike....I don't even know if there'll be an IJA green to chip, not that I was really planning to anyway. (I tend not to weather my birds very much). I thought I could take care of the wing's warp but it's not getting better and this kit may be scrapped. But we will see, I'll give it one more attempt.

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Well...sorry to say...the Zero's not going on the shelf. I just don't have the desire to work on it any more, its wing problems were just too much. And I had a setback on the fuselage half when I got some glue on it and it crazed the plastic, I sanded and it looks rough. Oh well.

The GB's about done anyway and I've done 2 kits, I'll marshal my energies for the Real space build.

Justin